Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back in to the 'old road' in the watershed and pretty much detected along it and found you really can't dig very deep since the rocks are just below the surface. Stuff that fell on the road didn't go down too far. Best find today is a heart-shaped rosette. This is lead filled in the back and has just one attachment remaining. The face appears to be brass. It fell to the road and then was ridden over. As soon as I saw it I wondered if it may be Confederate. This part of the county did see raids on bridges and railroads on the part of Confederate cavalry. It measures 2-1/8th inch in greatest dimension in width and height.
IMG_8260.JPG IMG_8265.JPG IMG_8266.JPG IMG_8261.JPG IMG_8264.JPG

Upvote 17

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting finds- Congrats!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff. Probably not Confederate as that type wasn't very popular at the time of the Civil War. It probably belonged to one of the farmers of the area. It would have been used on horse furniture.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic hunt, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread