Interesting Read on Silver Value

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
I just wanted to post this for you guys to take a look at. One of my co-workers brought me a copy of James Cook Market Update from May 2009. There was a very interesting article that refers to all us CRH'ers. The artcile goes into detail on LBJ's speech in regards to removing silver from US coins. Just a quick plot teaser quote for you guys:

"If anybody has any idea of hoarding our silver coins, let me say this. Treasury has a lot of silver on hand, and it can be, and it will be used to keep the price of silver in line with its value in our present silver coin. There will be no profit in holding them out of circulation for the value of their silver content." LBJ.

This is a link to part of the article online.

http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1242061902.php

I haven't figured out how to post a .pdf file or I would just post the entire thing here for you to read. If anyone would like to read the entire article please PM me and I will gladly send it to you in a .pdf file.

Keverett

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good read Keverett, my how wrong was LBJ, not only on silver but Vietnam, welfare, medicare, ect.

This gave me a good laugh.

"If anybody has any idea of hoarding our silver coins, let me say this. Treasury has a lot of silver on hand, and it can be, and it will be used to keep the price of silver in line with its value in our present silver coin. There will be no profit in holding them out of circulation for the value of their silver content."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread