Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I've also read that all the gold ever found would fit into a 70' cube... or the base of the Statue of Liberty... or a basketball gym.

I'm not sure who/what is right— but if those calculations are even a little bit off, I'd be willing to make room for the leftovers! :D

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Environutz BS--the most inaccurate article I've ever read in NG in over 50+ years and I NEVER miss a issue. Sent my letter off to the editor with FACTS not that BS hyperbole!!John :tard:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not read the article but I can not wrap my mind around that statistic,mines in Africa and Peru are producing MILLIONS OF OUNCES!There is no way to know what was taken out in the Gold Rush of Calif.There are accounts of hundreds of pounds taken by single individuals,no way is that true!!!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 09 Russau--nationalgeographic.com worst pr we've had in years ! Bunch a poor starving peruvians crawling under glaciers to eek out a few bucks a gold to stave off starvation. The author says we all use massive amounts of mercury to get at infetesimele amounts of gold and dump it all in the water-oops-now who uses ,and throws away,$50 in mercury to get $5 in gold-SOOOOO much bs-John :tard:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still say,its all estimates!!!No way they know!I do know most of what is in the ground now will stay until we (in the U.S)get some new politicians and rewrite the LAW books!!!! >:(

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There rewriting the laws now! but it's not for getting gold it's to stop you from getting gold. Time to start fighting back!

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog, unfortunately it looks like your right, more and more restrictions.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog said:
There rewriting the laws now! but it's not for getting gold it's to stop you from getting gold. Time to start fighting back!

Thats my point!!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personally i think MOST gold is not and has not been recorded>>>>>.............there is a lot left but with the way laws are changing thats where it will stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Keep in mind boys, that volume and weight are 2 different things. 1 cubic ft of gold weighs roughly 1200 lbs (comercial). Two cubic ft would be over a ton. Think about it, 2 olympic pools would be an incredible wealth. Don't matter if were talking about a gym or watever. The bottom line here is an ounce of pure Gold don't take up much space.

I am kind of leary of the estimates of the volume found over the span of man kind. Truth is no one knows.

Jeff

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TAKODA said:
strickman said:
personally i think MOST gold is not and has not been recorded>>>>>.............there is a lot left but with the way laws are changing thats where it will stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might have to go rebel for this thang is over with ...... aye Strick . :angry5:
:angry5:! :angry4: :angry4: :angry5: :angry5: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: .!. .!. (.) if you go rebel ---I GOT YOUR BACK!---YOU GOT MINE!!! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread