tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a closer look at this rock cavity as this little beam of light shining inside the cavity caught my eye. For sure there's is a hole in the rock above the cavity to let the light pass through to the back of the cavity. Also what looks like natural wind erosion has left what looks to me a figure of a bird perched inside the cavity? Below the cavity in the center it looks as if long ago someone had etched a Christian cross in the rock? Maybe its all just my grand imagination?

Attachments

• bird in rock 1.jpg
    bird in rock 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
  • bird in rock 2.jpg
    bird in rock 2.jpg
    1,011 KB · Views: 130
  • bird in rock 3.jpg
    bird in rock 3.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, give that bird a little paint/color...could fool many!:laughing7:[/QUOTE] Not sure the BLM would think that such a cute idea.

Attachments

• fremont sign.jpg
    fremont sign.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 101

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, give that bird a little paint/color...could fool many!:laughing7:
Not sure the BLM would think that such a cute idea.[/QUOTE]
Ha tr, thought it was a rock formation from 'nowhere'..yet/not to be claimed 'significant'...just like..I don't know what 'BLM' stands for.
We live side by side..on the same Continent (N.A.)...with the same ancestors..Yet, made to feel foreign of eachother! ;)

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure the BLM would think that such a cute idea.
Ha tr, thought it was a rock formation from 'nowhere'..yet/not to be claimed 'significant'...just like..I don't know what 'BLM' stands for.
We live side by side..on the same Continent (N.A.)...with the same ancestors..Yet, made to feel foreign of eachother! ;)[/QUOTE]BLM is Bureau of land management. They get feelings hurt when folks add anything to the natural order of the landscape. Canadians sure ain't foreigners in my line of work. Just about every underground mining contractor working in the US has their head office out of Canada. Not to mention all the big gold producers in Nevada are mostly Canadian companies. Most underground mining equipment used down here is made or sold out of Canada.... Hell I had a great time traveling to the mines with a comrade from Val Caron Ontario this last summer :occasion14:. You folks don't seem foreign to me as long as you talk in english. I can't speak french???

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tr, I'm like the majority..most of us can't speak french either, even though the province of Quebec is right next door!
Guess your BLM would be equivalent to our MNR (Ministry of Natural Resourses).

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool. The 'bird' looks more like a coyote to me. You should let the guys in treasure marks/signs section take a look. Surprisingly TJE I speak and understand quite a bit of French, since I live in an area with a large number of French speaking Africans. It's a lot like Spanish with a different pronounciation. Unfortunately, I sound a whole lot like Justin Wilson when I do speak it. (Haha, we'll see who gets that reference!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool. The 'bird' looks more like a coyote to me. You should let the guys in treasure marks/signs section take a look. Surprisingly TJE I speak and understand quite a bit of French, since I live in an area with a large number of French speaking Africans. It's a lot like Spanish with a different pronounciation. Unfortunately, I sound a whole lot like Justin Wilson when I do speak it. (Haha, we'll see who gets that reference!)
A coyote? Give me some of that stuff your drinking ther RGINN. I'd sure like to see that coyote too.:occasion14:

Attachments

• bird in rock 3 a.jpg
    bird in rock 3 a.jpg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 95

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread