Interesting silver finds.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
I found these two silver items yesterday afternoon at an old site. The first one is a neat little sterling silver ring. It has a little crown stamped inside with the initials "SC" on it.

The second item is a little silver medal about the size of a dime. It's got a bust of Washington on one side and a bust of Andy Jackson or possibly a beardless Lincoln on the other side. There's no inscription on either side and the edge is flat, not reeded. I wonder if anyone can give me some information on it. Could it be a souvenier of the Mint or maybe a Franklin Mint item?

Here's a picture of the ring:

silverfinds 003.JPG

And here's the little silver medal:

silverfinds 001.JPG silverfinds 002.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Nice ring Bob!! unusual medal...never seen one like that. congrats

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
That is a really neat medal/coin I would say that is lincoln for sure,I live about 4 miles from his birthplace and see his face everywhere. I know the mint put out a set of presidential coins that they are still adding too but I dont recall a two sided coin nor do I believe any of them were in silver and if it was produced by another mint I would think it would be marked in some way? Keep us posted if you find anything about it...Shoot

taropatch

Dec 24, 2007
No words or date -- hmmm very interesting. A token or souvenir of some sort maybe. That ring is very pretty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread