Interesting situation at a bank today...

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walk into a bank that had produced for me before and I ask for halves.....

"yes we have a bunch."

can I buy them?

"do you have an account here?"

no

"we only sell to account holders."

Ok, do you have any free accounts?

"you want to open an account just to buy the halves?"

Yes.

Teller walks over to head teller in disbelief - talks to head teller - informs her of the situation. Head teller says "Just sell them to him, its going to cost me more to open him an account he won't use than its worth."

Original teller goes to the vault, pulls out a bag-o-halves. Starts counting them out TING! TING! TING! :headbang:

results 4 '64, 2 40%

Still can't believe they didnt want my $10! :dontknow:

HH everyone

Upvote 0

Uncle Ben

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this post. I'm sitting in my recliner laughing out loud while my wife looks at me like I've lost it....hahaha. Dude you crack me up! HH

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should bring them some cupcakes with a note that says "Please accept me as a member". ???

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had situations like this go both ways. Most banks use the "must have an account" policy so they don't have to deal with you. Most of the time when they realize you are crazy enough to spend the hour to open an account just to get some halves they end up just selling you the coins without having to open an account. Every now and then you actually have to open the account. That's how I've gotten a dozen or so dump banks. lol.

One time I went through the whole deal opening an account thinking they had a sealed box of MWR's and when it finally came time to get my coin it was rerolled dumps. I was so angry, but hey you can't win them all.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill have to try it if the situation ever comes up-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome, I always think about just going balls in and opening up an account for the halves. Hopefully the first time I go for it they won't actually take me up on it! I got enough freakin' bank accounts

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I responded to a low rate Chase credit card offer several years ago.
I might use it once a year at most.
I flash that card at Chase banks all over the Western USofA to buy and dump at Chase banks.
Do you have an account with Chase? Why, yes I do! It's right here.
Occasionally I get some flack; but then I ask to pay on the account (the balance is always 0 but I like to let them look it up because they started the hassle) and "poof" I'm a customer.

I used to do the same thing with a BofA card, but I guess I didn't use it enough and it got cancelled for non-use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread