Interesting Tour of My Dump Banks Vault

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting Tour of My Dump Bank's Vault

I got to wheel my load of coins straight into the vault today. The girls were having a ladies day lunch so I got to circumnavigate the system for once. Inside the vault room sits this beautiful shiny coin sorter and the full bags are stored around the room awaiting pick up by Loomis. There were 18 full bags of quarters which the boss told me was about average for the week. That's only 72,000 possibilities for silver right there. He told me they have a customer who has a $hitload of rent-controlled apartments with bunches of washing machines and dryers.
Good luck out there. HH JP

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Interesting Tour of My Dump Bank's Vault

Nice re-cap of your tour.

So how many bags of those coins did you buy ?

OP
OP
coolpix9

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other

Thurm, I am exploring the possibility of buying from one dump bank and dumping at the other dump bank, both of which are branches of the same bank. I guess they wouldn't care which one of their branches returns the coins to Loomis. Great idea, Thanks, JP

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300

I dump at Chevy Chase bank, they have a counter in every branch, and I have a dozen in close proximity to my home or office. I have had conversations with folks at three of the branches, and I inquired about buying the bags of coins. Everyone of them told me that they could not sell them to me, they have to be trucked away. Today, the guy had to change bags while I was doing my dump, and I struck up a conversation with him. He says that they send the bags via Dunbar, but they go straight to the reserve bank to be rerolled. I don't see why they cant sell the bags to a customer, but no luck so far. I will continue to ask at different branches until I hit them all...

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston

HI Jim...Did you get close enought to them to see any silver edges? Very interesting. HH Gayle

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rsc said:
HI Jim...Did you get close enought to them to see any silver edges? Very interesting. HH Gayle
I once was allowed to carry in my two bags of halves for deposit and asked where to put them. She said right next to the other bags of halves. >:( looks like I have competition at that bank. They have always been happy to take my money. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread