INTERNATIONAL REGISTRY OF SUNKEN SHIPS {may be nothing i hear}

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Re: INTERNATIONAL REGISTRY OF SUNKEN SHIPS

Gldhntr,

Good luck finding any of that supposed treasure. Here's one extract:

OREGON
Local tales tell of an English marauder chasing a Spanish Galleon, the galleon was wrecked on the Oregon Coast at Yaquina Bay. Gold goblets have been recovered from the seabed at this location.

I live on Yaquina Head, just north of Yaquina Bay, and I can tell you that there have never been any golden goblets found here, more's the pity.

Mariner

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS

Thanks for the link. However, I would be very careful spending a dime on a website loaded with spelling and grammatical errors such as that one.

Pcola

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I bought one of their reports. It was totally worthless. Example: "Ship lost. Year: unknown. Location: Gulf of Mexico."

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho

Yeah, I wouldn't waste my time and money on it.

I think the oregon wreck they were attempting to refer to was that wreck up in Nehalem bay around Manzanita. Although no gold was ever found there either. Just those big chunks of wax. And of course there is that whole legend about the buried treasure chest.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005

Allen,

The story about buried chests of treasure are to be found all up and down the Oregon coast, from Gold Beach in the south up to Nehalem and beyond, and the beeswax is pretty solid evidence of a Manila galleon wreck. its just that general rumors like that in this register of sunken ships are worse than useless, because they get in the way of real possibilities of historic shipwrecks on this coast.

Mariner

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse

I too have heard that their reports are useless...

You would be much better off sending your hard-earned money to the INTERNATIONAL STAR REGISTRY, at least that way you could have a star named after your loved one and their star's name will appear in book-form at the U.S. copyright office!!

GH

sabre15

Dec 14, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Discovery TF 900

Or by some property on the moon! Lunar mortgages are a hot thing these days.

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004

didn't know about the b/s...not even a water hunter, just ran across the link and thought someone here might have an interest...
...now i did, while reading the diary of a Confederate blockade runner, come across something of interest that i logged into my info soaked little pea of a brain...a blockade runner had been fired upon and hit, and was set afire....it was on the way to an out of the way landing a bit inland...it burned to the waterline and sank within sight of this landing...in the safe was $50,000.00 in gold coin...alot of arms on it along with the usual runner wares of much ''wanted'' goods during the war...........diarist was quickly on another ''runner'' and diary later ends suddenly as if author passed away.........from the landing looking towards where they came into sight of it is maybe a mile long, maybe less, and i'll guess at 1/2 to 2/3 mile wide...i would think they were beelining for the landing being on fire which would make a very narrow search app 1 mile long....it is in nc...in area of upper outerbanks......anyone with an interest and the wherewithal to accomplish such a feat feel free to contact me p.m as i know the place well.....................g

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread