Interpreting Dowsed locations

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incorrect interpretation of Dowsed locations can be mis-leading. A Correct interpretation of a Dowsers photo or map locations is crucial before devoting the time and expense of conducting a physical search. Greater accuracy for interpretation is obtained when the Dowser has walked the walk himself, dug the empty holes, and understands the problems, expense, and limitations a Treasure Hunter faces in the field.

I notice that very little information about a Dowsed location is ever given by the Dowsers on this forum. I understand that. Information Dowsing can be very time consuming and is rarely complete, and might not agree with text book research.

There is hardly ever a monetary reward for the Dowsers time and efforts, so everything posted here is in vague generalities with very little detail that might be beneficial to the serious Treasure Hunter, Prospector, or researcher.

It is easy for a Dowser, inexperienced in Treasure hunting to have an inaccurate interpretation of his/her locations.

For Example: A few years ago I posted a photo of a probable Confederate site I was surveying near Clermont, Fl ,for the forum members to dowse and post their findings, All the participants detected Gold on the site and close to it's location as indicated by my instruments. One Dowser, added a diagram showing a shaft, leading to the surface, a rectangular chamber, and tunnels leading from it within proximity to the Gold.

The Dowser, had gave a perfect location, diagram, and description of a septic tank, and drain field that was located near the Treasure, giving a wrong impression to the Treasure hunter in the field. Dell

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Welcome back Dell. When I dowse maps I know that I am in the area. I know that I can locate it and get the exact spot with my rods. ...Art

OP
OP
Dell Winders

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, you have the years of field experience, and finds, to back you up.

As far as myself, I am never sure if my Dowsing is accurate until I see physical evidence the target has been recovered. Dell

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, you have the years of field experience, and finds, to back you up.

As far as myself, I am never sure if my Dowsing is accurate until I see physical evidence the target has been recovered. Dell
Arthur has helped me before. PMed him asking if he had run across a weird response I was getting from my rods. He gave me his thoughts and it solved the problem I was having. The problem was just between 7 and 8 miles distant. I'd like to see the two of you do a side by side presentation!

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the hundreds of targets I've Dowsed and got on top of, very few have been shallow enough to retrieve. Because of the lack of retreaval, a slight bit of uncertainty is always there. It's hard to approach someone and explain that something valuable is buried on their property, and I found it with hangers.

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a treasure hunt for a KGC hidden treasure in Arkansas, i was brought in to Dowse an area that other L-rod and map Dowsers had searched and failed. In less than 10 minutes I was convinced the treasure was not there. The guy that brought me there, had been searching for years, using map Dowsers GPS coordinates, checking with a metal detector and finding nothing.
He gave up searching for it and is convinced it was moved or found by someone else. I know there is no treasure there, but do the map Dowsers that previously dowsed it, believe it's still there. Dowser

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That'd be interesting to see the results of. Not just a side by side comparison, but maybe a little explanation of why & why not. Might be a good way to help develop confidence for the folks just starting out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread