Intimidating find!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Got this 1888 IH at a site yesterday. When I dug it, I actually thought I might as well leave the area, because I actually thought it read L4S and was just a marker for the poor soul who got there after the fact.

But there actually was a couple more goodies, including that 1897 dime only a few inches away at the same depth. And Mayo comforted me with the fact that it actually reads L.H.S. so there was the possibility that there was more left at the site as we proved later on in the day.

Also got a fairly nice little thimble nearby but it's gotta keep on soaking.

Attachments

• LHS IH.JPG
    LHS IH.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 239
  • park910.JPG
    park910.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 215

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaha! That just gave me an awesome idea. Just kidding. That is pretty funny though. Congrats on those IH's and shinies. I'm sure there's plenty more there. Nice hunt. :thumbsup:

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Doesn't L.H.S. stand for Lowbatts Has Silver or something like that?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Lookn4Seated said:
Hahahaha! That just gave me an awesome idea. Just kidding. That is pretty funny though. Congrats on those IH's and shinies. I'm sure there's plenty more there. Nice hunt. :thumbsup:

No kidding, I did at first think it was one of yours!

p2c said:
Doesn't L.H.S. stand for Lowbatts Has Silver or something like that?

Lowbatts Has pSychosis. Haven't seen a lot of stamped coins around these parts, so I thought it was pretty crazy!

silver spoon said:
LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL great ill be there tommorow!Just kiddin good find.Way to go buddy!Are we going to get together this fall and hunt!

Well now that you know where it is, geez. Word gets around fast. Just stay off the school grounds during the school days, that ticks people off! Yeah, see ya tomorrow at the Sandwich Fair for what looks like a stellar carnie cleanup this year! Maybe...

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting IH,and cause for thought as to the meaning and use of the stamped letters...My kind of find... :hello2:

Sweet shiny as well :thumbsup:

Soup....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions