Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was very limited for time today but I did want to get out and get a little fresh air and take a break from packing ! We are moving 2 hrs south soon. It is amazing how I feel pressed for time now here in Bangor. I have all these places I want to pass a coil over. They are not nessacarily prime spots but when you are leaving and realize you may not get a chance to hunt them they seem to increase in Importance. Today was a small grown up intown lot that used to have a house on it. I Knew It was going to be Very junky so it was not a high priority spot but it is very close to home so I hit it today for two hours. Made a few finds besides all the trash . My first decent find was the 1941 french franc. Then 2 V nickels in the same hole an 1898 and a 1906 at first I thought I was seeing things but the 1898 was painted red at some point ?? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Then I got a signal that almost blew my headphones ! The WW II 50 cal . I think this and the Franc were war keepsakes brought back from Europe. The shell was fired and the slug has rifiling marks on it, Then I picked up a 1952 wheatie. my last find was the furniture hardware decoration, the rest of the coins I found were clad. I could spend alot more time on this lot if I had it !! Thanks for looking . MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,056
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,058
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,058
  • IMG_1028.JPG
    IMG_1028.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,067
  • IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,060
Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Hmmmmmm, tap it with a hammer and see what happens.......
Seriously, that's one scary bit of ordinance to be digging up with a shovel. Hope you can find a good place to disarm/dispose of it.
The other finds look fun.

OP
OP
MaineRelic

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DMN said:
Seriously, that's one scary bit of ordinance to be digging up with a shovel. Hope you can find a good place to disarm/dispose of it.
[/quote It was previously fired and the sabot was recovered and reinserted into the casing . It has rifiling marks on it . MaineRelic

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
cool assortment, MR.
that franc is sweet, and that bullet is something to be reckoned with.

U

umrgolf

I dug the same exact coin (franc) a few months ago, thought for sure it was gold :-\

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Mainerelic, you've dug enough artillery the last couple days to take on bin laden. ;D Always good to see some silver. Good luck on the move.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

I have one of those francs. That I had a gold coin at first.

HH Jer

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
MaineRelic said:
DMN said:
[/quote It was previously fired and the sabot was recovered and reinserted into the casing . It has rifiling marks on it . MaineRelic

Got it. Couldn't tell from the picture. Still one honking big casing!

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
sounds like your moving closer to me! hope you turn up some nice stuff at the new home. willy

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing what you can find in a lot 2 V,s :icon_thumleft: that .50 cal is a powerful bullet be careful with that it has a effective kill range of 1000 yards !! i fired plenty of those in the past .Good hunt Dd60

dwebb210

Jun 10, 2010
The bullet has rifling marks on it. ie, it has already been fired.
Not to mention two photos show the bullet seated at two different depths.
Someone found the bullet, and found a spent shell casing, and put the two together.
Perfectly safe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread