Intro thread- richmond va

RVA

Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just registered, and I saw a post about putting up an intro thread. here it is.

I used to collect coins as a kid, my dad got me into it, and recently on a whim I bought a co-workers dad's small collection to try and jump start getting back into it since they were cleaning out the house, and I went up in the attic at my parents house and got my binder of coins back out and blew off the dust... so Ive got it all out again.

Ive never really gone to the bank and dug through rolls, but at my first job at a Winn Dixie when I was 15, we would get bored on rainy days and Id get the cashiers to go through their till and break open the rolls they had stored in them, and we would always find 4 or 5 wheat pennies in each till and some 40s and 50s nickels. once or twice a silver dime, rarely a quarter. It got so the managers upstairs were doing it for me too, by the time I quit I probably had a couple rolls worth.

anyway, I figured this would be an entertaining way to get back into the hobby when Im not in the mood to do battle with people on ebay. like I said, I bought my coworkers fathers collection and among the things I bought it for (handful of morgan and peace dollars, roll of mercury dimes, roll of silver washington quarters, roll of silver war jefferson nickels) he had 3 rolls of random kennedy halves, got more than a rolls worth of 40% silver ones out of it (totally unrealistic I know, these rolls were 20 years old)...it was fun, yada yada

anyway, anybody have some central VA tips?

Hi,
Ben

Upvote 0

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Ben,

I am outside of Richmond. If you decide to get a detector let us know.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Ben,
Seems like you know what you're doing already, if you can get collections for cheap(ish) compared to spot and ebay, do that! Profit on silver price, and CHECK FOR KEY&SEMI KEY DAYS!
Hope to hear you doing well with CRHing, any questions just PM me!
Wickaboag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions