Introduction: All New Minelab GPX 4800 & GPX 5000 Metal Detectors

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Introduction: All New Minelab GPX 4800 & GPX 5000 Metal Detectors

Hello Fellow Treasure Hunters

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have just gone live with the two newest additions to the Minelab Metal Detector line.

The Minelab GPX 4800 and the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detectors are the newest top of the line machines fresh from Minelab.
Click the links below to get the most info available on the units. We have them in hand and ready to ship to you.

Minelab GPX 4800 Metal Detector at Kellyco Metal Detectors

Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector at Kellyco Metal Detectors

As usual, if you want to get any more information on these units or any other metal detector, please give us a call at
1-888-KELLYCO or 1-888-535-5926

[email protected]
http://www.kellycodetectors.com

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Introduction: All New Minelab GPX 4800 & GPX 5000 Metal Detectors

These have got to be excellent detectors and would excel for nuggets and meteorites. My question is about the suggested price of the "Free Accessories." Isn't this a little high?

Kellyco Free Accessories• Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer
• Pro Deluxe Large Carrying Bag with Outside Pocket
• Razor Edge Gator Digging Tool w/ Lifetime Warranty
• Finding Treasure State by State Guide
• 5 Pocket Tool Pouch (tools and maps are not included)
• Trial Subscription to Lost Treasure
• Finders Log

Total Value: $415.25

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman said:
These have got to be excellent detectors and would excel for nuggets and meteorites. My question is about the suggested price of the "Free Accessories." Isn't this a little high?

• Finders Log

They are super detectors for sure, much like the previous GPX 4500, they are sure not to disappoint and are well worth the cost...

The accessory value is the MSRP totaled up and honestly, we have to compete with other retailers in the market giving away a .25 cent replica coin and putting a $99 value on it. Your not paying for the accessories anyway, that is what FREE means. If the value we put on the items was lower it would not really matter as you are getting them for nothing and paying for the metal detector that the manufacturer sets the price on so we are adding accessories to the package on our dime. Just saying...

[email protected]

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Am I correct in guessing that any "discrimination" on this 4800 or 5000 detectors, are like the old "discrimination" attempts? Ie.: good for only the first several inches, and by no means meant to be used as a coin or relic machine? That is to say, just prospecting, and perhaps the beach at the most, and simply much too squirrely sensitive, and discrimination too poor, to attempt to use in for regular coin/relic sites, right?

OP
OP
metdetdevl

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA said:
Am I correct in guessing that any "discrimination" on this 4800 or 5000 detectors, are like the old "discrimination" attempts? Ie.: good for only the first several inches, and by no means meant to be used as a coin or relic machine? That is to say, just prospecting, and perhaps the beach at the most, and simply much too squirrely sensitive, and discrimination too poor, to attempt to use in for regular coin/relic sites, right?

For the most part, yes you are correct in that assumption. The GPX by design will only discriminate iron and that is highly dependent on the iron target itself being strong enough for the GPX to determine if the target is ferrous in the first place based on the buried depth of the target. One can not compare the GPX to a VLF detector like the Etrac as an example when it comes to discrimination abilities, especially when you consider the rejection of non-ferrous trash targets. But if you were looking for a super deep detector and are willing to forgo full range discrimination then you have a big advantage in some sites. With the newer “Timings” such as the coin/relic timing I think you will see more treasure hunters giving these two new detectors some serious consideration.

The GPX 4800 also seems to be a winning detector for Relic hunters having greater ability to go deeper to locate relics and artifacts. Field tests in areas that were previously well searched by other detector models have recovered not just a few "overlooked" targets, but large amounts of targets NOT found by other well known metal detectors.

For more info on the new detectors please visit Kellyco's Website or give us a call.

1-888-KELLYCO - 1-888-535-5926

[email protected]

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

Sandman said:

• Finders Log

Good for you, Sandman, in raising this point. It has always annoyed me as I find it insulting on the part of dealers to think us so naive. And most of them do it. That collection of stuff is worth about 200 dollars and I'd not pay that much. I wish they'd just give us the price and be done with it.

OT

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer

I concur oldtown / sandman. Nothing is free. The customer pays one way or the other, usually by loaded prices which the ML range seems to thrive on. Personally I think the Whites TDI is a much better option these days and they usually throw in a pinpointer or something useful. Yes, I have had 3 MLs, but no more.

The Cat

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

Cat, I don't blame the manufacturer, it's the dealers who do this thing. They're worse than car salesmen.

Here's what I'd like to see:

Model XX costs $1000.00
Model XZ costs $900.00
Etc, etc.

Forget the subterfuge of giving away crap of supposedly great value. We all know what the stuff costs.
We also know that crap does cost something and the dealer makes it back on the initial detector sale. There is that markup thing. So lose the phony giveaway of useless junk and knock another 3% off the detector to begin with. (this covers the "free" junk cost to dealer)

This way the buyer gets an honest price and the dealer does not have to bother filling his work space with boxes of give away promotional garbage. It's a win/win for everyone.

Dealer sells his product and we get to buy something without feeling like we're being treated like morons.

It's a little thing but if one dealer treated his customers this way and truly gave that 3% instead of handing out crap, I'd have to think he'd get heavy traffic. I actually drive all the way to Miami from Key West just to avoid the online dealers who practice this kind of thing.

It costs me more but there is a principle at stake here.

Old Town

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions