Introduction to Fellow Oregonians

Trapper John

Dec 29, 2014
St Helens, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having just joined TN, let me first say that my full introduction can me found back on the main forum where such posts are invited. To those of you who MD Oregon, I am in St Helens and plan on working my way along the Oregon side of the Columbia as I learn my soon-to-be purchased machine.

As noted in my intro, I am pretty sure that I'll be ordering an ATP, but I have to say that a serious part of my decision process is the fact that it is advertised as waterproof. West Siders know that winter rains can keep a fella hunkered down for a while and I see no point in waiting for Spring. I'll do my larnin' in a backyard test bed as well as plodding around local beaches.

I hope to get acquainted with folks who frequent this site. I would not presume to ask any "where-to-go" questions of any of you. That's because in my younger days if just anybody asked me where I got my game, fish, or mushrooms I would generally give directions 180 degrees opposite of where in fact I was successful. That said, I welcome comments, advice, and feedback and will do my best to be a productive member of this community. In the end I hope earn the trust of members and to become "somebody" rather than "just anybody" posting here.

Good hunting!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Welcome Trapper!
Lots of good info here in the Oregon forum, although it has been a bit slow as of late. Browse the threads and see if it doesn't spark some ideas!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey John, not an Oregonian, but from that state just south of you! 8-) Had family in St. Helens and Columbia City, so the area is familiar to me. Good luck in the hobby!

Dr. Dirt

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Trapper John,

Nice to see some activity here. I am right over the hill in Beaverton.

You are near the Cursed Traeasure of Columbia City. I found the location and have searched for it.

If you have not aquired your detector yet, you might want to check out White's. They are made here for our soil, and they are so easy to deal with.

Anyway, if you want to detect sometime, let me know.

OP
OP
T

Trapper John

Dec 29, 2014
St Helens, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply - which I somehow managed to miss.

I would enjoy meeting you and doing some detecting. I've been working the river bank between St Helens and Deer Island to learn my machine. I would up with an AT PRO because I don't plan on letting our copious rainfall keep me home. White's was a close second but the waterproof feature swayed me in the end.

Let me know if you'd like to get out in the near future!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread