Invested $218.00................

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
.................over lunch to fill a bank's $1000 coin counter bag of halves (before they would sell it to me).

The remaining $782 (that I hadn't looked at yet) produced:

• 64px6
    65x3
    66x1
    67x25
    68dx21
    68sx1 !!
    69dx2

for a total of 59 keepers or an outstanding 3.8% keeper rate. !!

Yeah, that was a wise investment....... 8)

......and in the reject tray of the coin counter, I pulled out a '76 Canadian quarter (that I didn't have yet )

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Thurm!! Congrats on another nice score. Repeating.....your having a killer month buddy. Keep riding the wave..........go find another one......and good luck.

BTW - Kudos on that 68-S!! That is a sweet find.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
You're smokin', Thurm!
Looks like you've done better in 3 weeks than all of last year!

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Where did you say you live and work?

LOL
HH
Cat

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the kind words guys. Yeah, it has been record month for me. Dare I say LJ-esque ? 8)

Dumping the rejects from yesterday's coin counter bag revealed the count was dead-on accurate (always a good sign), as the reject halves totaled $970.50; so the four US quarters and three US cents that were also in the bag were a bonus. 8)

Also, when dumping those rejects today (and picking up new boxes) at the bank, their reject bucket (on the inside) yielded a 76d Ike, three US dimes, three US cents and a twenty peso Mexican coin ('80).

While helping the guy change the bags out (they had to use smaller bags, for the regular size had run out) I cherry picked a '44 US cent ........and a '57d US quarter ! (need to see if I'm still missing that one or not)

Next, a second bank, after buying my boxes of halves, asked for any foreign coin. The teller gives me eight Canadian quarters ('74, '76, '80, '84, 86x2 (I didn't have an '86 yet), '93, '03), a Canadian Nickel ('68), Canadian dime ('00) and a five colone coin from Costa Rica ('89).

Nice begets nice.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
Yeah, it has been record month for me.

And it's not over yet......add to your mound mountain.....keep em coming Mike!!! Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread