maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, I see the keeping the Penny ( cent what ever) thing and I have a little stash of them myself because of the chance of being able to melt them, but anything else, I don't think it is worth it. I am not an expert though, I only collect Silver coins. Maverick.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Why invest in bullion clad when you can invest in other precious metals? You can get clad any time you'd like.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy, you still did not get back to my post on your previous thread, my post on your profile wall, or PM about me wanting to invest through your firm in the NYSE... I have a large chunk of green I would like to invest...

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to admit it, but......I got 'shammed' a couple of times buying coins, which were SUPPOSED to be the real McCoys. I kept them anyway, as a reminder.
(Sometimes I seem to run around with 'FOOL' stamped on my forehead, but I'm the only one who can't see it.)

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
*puffs on weed* (jk) i just like PM because they are used by the ounce and copper is by the pound.

i would rather have 1 ounce of silver than 10 pounds of copper ...

plus copper is FAR over priced

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I own several beautiful one oz. copper rounds. A few are more than enough.

I think they are way overpriced that's why I don't buy them. If I could get some kilo bars a dollar or 2 over spot I would definitely get a few of those, but they are always way overpriced.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
There's no point in "investing" in clad. An Eisenhower dollar is worth a whopping 18 cents in melt meaning you lose 82 cents+ on each one you melt. Investing in copper makes sense if you can get it for a low premium. Unfortunately, most of the bars/rounds that are for sale have such a large premium over the melt value that you might as well invest in silver by going down to Wal-Mart and buying their $20 thin sterling silver chains.

The way I figure it, there are 4 main asset classes to invest in:

1) Precious metals
2) International Real Estate
3) Base metals
4) Tangible assets (collector coins, art, jewellery, ivory, etc.)

But if you're overpaying for them (like you would by buying "bullion clad") you'd be better off not investing in them.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Investing in Clad bullion is kinda like dating your step sister.. Technically it's ok, but everyone knows it's just wrong...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread