INVESTING WITH MEL FISHERS ENTERPRISES

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
ANYONE HERE WHO WAS OR CURRENTLY IS AN INVESTOR WITH MEL FISHERS GROUP - TREASURE SALVORS INC, Crystals Recovery, Inc., MANAGING DIRECTOR of Atocha/Margarita Expedition, ETC ETC...

CARE TO SHARE WITH US IF IT WAS/IS A PROFITABLE AND PLEASANT EXPERIENCE ? ANY STORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE ?

I,M SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING INVESTING, SO ANY FEEDBACK, ADVICE ETC FROM THOSE WHO HAVE GONE DOWN THIS ROAD BEFORE ME WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED :)

Bulgarian

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Bulgarian,
I can tell you tht I was in the fisher Office on Monday morning tht that they just brought in a couple of buckets of gold and silver coins.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would love to find out the same info. If you get anything, could you pass it on. Thanks

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Bulgarian,

When I was in Key West in July, I spoke with Grant Roland in Investor Relations with Mel Fisher's Treasures. One share is valued at $80,000 and it entitles you to 1% of the gross treasures found in that year. The minimum investment is $10,000 for 1/8th of a share.

According to Grant, they have never paid back less than your investment amount. So if you invested $80,000, you would be paid back at least $80,000 in treasure. I belive he said there were only 30 full shares that are released to the public and the other 70 are held by the company. Shares come available at different time throughout the year and may be a full share or a partial share. Your year starts at the time you invest. So if a major discovery is found during your period, you may be paid handsomly.

Investors also get to dive and participate in the recovery and are allowed to keep the first item you find, up to six times your investment amount. Pretty cool.

I would suggest you get in contact with Grant Rowland or Shawn Coles the Investor Relations Manager.

Shawn Coles
200 Green Street
Key West, FL 33040
(305) 294-5441
email: [email protected]

Good Luck!

Robert in SC

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's good info Darren, I'm no expert with investing, but I have spent a fair amount of time researching and communicating with Mel's group. Like all investment opportunities, it depends on what happens during the year you are investing. You'd make a return in any year based on the amount of gold and silver they pull consistently week to week. Now, if they found the stern castle or one of the other "mother loads" that ARE out there, you'd do quite well. The trick is to be invested the year that one or more of those things happened. To me that's the appeal of treasure hunting too, when I swing my detector, I haven't lost anything...but I MIGHT find something really intersting or valuable.

If it were a "sure thing" there'd be a list of people in front of you, but it's simply based on the finds from the year you invest. Like all good investments, there is a slight risk coupled with the possibility of great reward. I think I can at least speak for them as far as being trustworthy, reputable, and all that stuff. The only problem is when you ask them when they'll find the mother load, they all just say "Today's the Day!" :D Any day could be the day, but only a few of them WILL be the day.

Jason

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
That's good info Darren, I'm no expert with .......

Jason,

I am sure you meant to say "Robert"! Darren and I are good friends, but he isn't quite as good looking as I am! Or is it the other way around?

Robert in SC

OP
OP
Bulgarian

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
THANKS FOR THE INFO ROBERT. I WAS TOLD EXACTLY THE SAME THING WHEN I SPOKE TO THEIR INVESTOR RELATIONS PEOPLE. I JUST WANTED TO HAVE THIS CONFIRMED BY AN ACTUAL INVESTOR. ALSO, WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS - ARE INVESTORS ABLE TO GET THE ASSESSED VALUE OF THE FINDS, WHEN THEY DECIDE TO SELL ? EXAMPLE- LET'S SAY AT DIVISION TIME YOU'RE GIVEN A COIN ASSESSED AT $15,000 AS A RETURN ON YOUR 10k INVESTMENT. IF YOU DECIDE TO SELL IT ARE YOU ACTUALLY GOING TO GET 15k OR CLOSE FOR IT ?

Bulgarian

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Robert....guilty as charged ;) My apologies...to Darren that is :D

Hey Bulgarian, keep us posted if you decide to go that route. Then we'll all have the info, and we expect pics of your first find! If you need a diver to go for you, I can make myself available :D

Jason

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Bulgarian,
Most likely not! Most people who would pay top dollar for an item would usually go directly to the source, unless it was a very rare or interesting piece. Does that make sense?

Robert

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Has anyone asked if Fisher's group will sell it for you in thier shop or website?

It would come with their certificate of authenticity and an assessment sheet, so you might be able to get close to the assessed value, but not full.

Jason

OP
OP
Bulgarian

Bulgarian

Sep 1, 2005
ScubaSeeker said:
Robert....guilty as charged ;) My apologies...to Darren that is :D

Hey Bulgarian, keep us posted if you decide to go that route. Then we'll all have the info, and we expect pics of your first find! If you need a diver to go for you, I can make myself available :D

Jason

Jason, lets see what you find at Seahunter's site first :) I actually dont think I can send somebody to dive for me, plus I'm a diver myself and thats a big part of why I want to invest - for the actual diving !!!

Bulgarian

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
RGecy said:
Darren and I are good friends, but he isn't quite as good looking as I am! Or is it the other way around?

Depends on who you ask ;)

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bulgarian, it was worth a shot LOL - Good luck, and may your first find be a BIG gold bar...mine would undoubtably be a small silver coin :D I'd be happy with a small silver coin at Seahunters spot, but I don't think he'll let me keep 'em, he might buy lunch of I find a few though.

LOL Darren

Jason

CaribbeanDiver

Oct 28, 2004
My partner has been in Key West for 20 years, I have been here 8. We know all of the Atocha people and he worked in their lab and has dove on their boats.

I really think you have to remember to break even with one share they need to bring in 8 million in your year. I believe it to be pretty risky at this point. But then again every time I put gas in my boat and drop my mag overboard it is a risk, although one that is fun in itself. :)

The other point made here is that 80k in atocha treasure is not worth 80k cash. Maybe half that. Plus the first thing to lose value in a bad economy is something like Atocha Treasure whose value is wildly inflated over actual value.

The other thing you have to remember is why would they offer it if they knew they would pay out more than you invest???? They are there to make money, and do not need working capital. They are betting on making more money from you than the treasure they find.

If you have money to blow, it might be a fun gamble, but if you are counting on a return, I would not do it. And if you want to pay 80k to dive the site, really, really think about that. It's cool, but not that cool.

Just my 2 cents.

:)

Ricor

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
It is a NUMBERS game. Insurance companies play the same type game. Why does the Fisher people need a single dollar from anyone. They have several millons doing nothing but collecting interest.
Peg Leg

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
I think its a combination of selling treasure off and creating a little spending capital at the same time creating excitement and interest for investors. You have to remember, they also need a way to dispose of the treasure they have found and you don't see many people spending $70,000 for a 80lb silver bar from the Atocha.

As I understand it, if you invest say $10,000 and there is not enough treasure found that year to get around to giving you a share, they pay you with treasure from previous years or when the found the main pile. Basically a way to liquidate the bulk of the treasure they still have on hand.

Just a thought!

Robert in SC

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
I have a question.
Lets say that have $80,000 laying around and you are interested in Treasure or the excitment of looking for it.
Then why not pay the Fisher people $1,000 as a sub contractor for 1 year, then purchase your own boat for say $40,000. Now go out and purchase some good 2nd hand electronics. You now have spent about $.60,000. BUT look at whats left. A Treaure working boat loaded with the right electronics and $20,000.Now all you have to do is fill up the tanks, put a crew together and go Treasure Hunting and even if you find nothing you still have the boat and all the equipment left. BUT WHAT IF YOU DO FIND TREASURE-WOW WOULDN'T THAT BE MUCH BETTER THAN A ROLL OF THE DICE.
It is still a CRAP SHOOT but it is YOUR CRAP SHOOT
Peg Leg

riobravo

Apr 2, 2006
south texas to the east coast
Peg Leg said:
I have a question.
Lets say that have $80,000 laying around and you are interested in Treasure or the excitment of looking for it.
Then why not pay the Fisher people $1,000 as a sub contractor for 1 year, then purchase your own boat for say $40,000. Now go out and purchase some good 2nd hand electronics. You now have spent about $.60,000. BUT look at whats left. A Treaure working boat loaded with the right electronics and $20,000.Now all you have to do is fill up the tanks, put a crew together and go Treasure Hunting and even if you find nothing you still have the boat and all the equipment left. BUT WHAT IF YOU DO FIND TREASURE-WOW WOULDN'T THAT BE MUCH BETTER THAN A ROLL OF THE DICE.
It is still a CRAP SHOOT but it is YOUR CRAP SHOOT
Peg Leg
i don't think this forum is a good place to disclose my reply for that.
why again are you subcontracting with a $40,000 boat and $20,000 worth of electronics, not to mention $20,000 capital........,
cant you retire in Belize with $50,000 at the age of 55 already.
"THERE IS SOMETHING IN A TRESURE THAT FASTENS UPON A MANS MIND. HE WILL PREY AND BLASPHEME AND STILL PERSEVERE, AND HE WILL CURSE THE DAY HE HEARD OF IT, AND WILL LET HIS LAST HOURS COME UPON HIM UNAWARES, STILL BELIEVING THAT HE MISSED IT ONLY BY A FOOT.HE WILL SEE IT EVERYTIME HE CLOSES HIS EYES. HE WILL NEVER FORGET IT UNTILL HE IS DEAD AND THERE IS NO WAY OF GETTING AWAY FROM A TREASURE ONCE IT FASTENS ITSELF UPON YOUR MIND."
JOSEPH CONRAD
an excerpt from the dedication in MARXS book SUNKEN TREASURE.

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
here is an old saying about prospectors.
"You and 1 foot away from a million dollars or a million feet away for 1 dollar"
I guess that the same thing applies to Treasure Hunters.
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread