Iowa weather permits a few more hunts.......

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Temperatures got up into the 40's on Thursday and Friday here and I was able to get out for a few more hunts. Thursday I got out for an hour and a half after work and got the '20 Merc and a few wheats. Friday I took the afternoon off and went to a demo sight that I noticed on my way home on Thursday. The huge multi-dwelling building was built in the early 1800's and was close to down town so I figured that the potential for some oldies was good. I was right I found my oldest coin of the season here, the 1874 Seated dime in addition to a '39 Merc, a '07 IH and some wheats. I had to work for them as the frost is at least 4" thick. Never the less I can't complain about the seasons last hunt. Outside the temps have dropped off to around 8, the wind is blowing at 35mph and the snow is coming down. That's Iowa for ya!! Thanks for looking and HH
Deano

101_0942.jpg

1874.jpg

Upvote 0

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Great way to end the season! I am hoping to get out for a little later today, its our turn for the last mild day here.

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome diggs. Blizzard today. Sweet Lookin seated

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦