Iron Age Clothes Fasterner Silver Hammered(Scottish)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a day of work today to make the most of the weather and the best field I have ever had :o and I wasn't to be the very first none ferrous signal was a Scottish Hammered Alexander111 1214-49in a very delicate state(see picture) this was to be one of three Hammered two being in very poor state. The second hammered of the day proved to be in the worst state(see picture) smashed and not much left. The third hammered of the day was another Scottish Coin being a cut half but I am not quite sure of who, it looks like William The lion but he is facing the wrong way, the only Scottish coin with a left facing bust I can find is that of a David 1 1124-53 if it is a David1 it's a rear Coin. A couple of eyes only finds to show you, a nice flint scraper and a glass fragment of bead possibly Saxon. Walking back to the car on the far side of a hedge I made my second Iron Age Find this year a Celtic Clothes fastener from about 1500BC :o not a bad day at all :-*

Attachments

• SH1.jpg
    SH1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 391
  • SHr.jpg
    SHr.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 390
  • BH.jpg
    BH.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 419
  • SCH.jpg
    SCH.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 387
  • SCHR.jpg
    SCHR.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 391
  • Flint & Bead.jpg
    Flint & Bead.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 401
  • Bead fragment.jpg
    Bead fragment.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 382
  • CCT.jpg
    CCT.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 394
  • CCF.jpg
    CCF.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had the same thought but I only took a half day.

I've yet to find a complete toggle. Your's has the loop in an unusual place. Not seen that variant before.

3 hammered in a day is half our years total, but we are die hards & do land others don't bother with, a little crazy but better than nothing.

I hope the weather holds & we can get some time on the fields :)

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Kicker, Simply beautiful finds! I would give my right nut to dig those targets. ;D My oldest coin is an 1853 large cent. I found her about 2 inches deep across the road from a courthhouse built in the 1850s........ ;)

1853Penny-Tails.jpg

1853Penny-Heads.jpg

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-Jones- said:
Hey Kicker, Simply beautiful finds! I would give my right nut to dig those targets. ;D My oldest coin is an 1853 large cent. I found her about 2 inches deep across the road from a courthhouse built in the 1850s........ ;)

1853Penny-Tails.jpg

1853Penny-Heads.jpg
Hi Jones....I realise we over here are very lucky with the wide variaty of finds, I was out 8 hours today nearly none stop :-* you still have to put in a lot of work ;)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
tyre, that is AWESOME! I am sooo jealous! great finds!! let us know if you are able to id the coin. & that bead is amazing

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, very nice finds. I know I will never get to come over there to hunt for that nice stuff. And I am also grateful for you, CRUSADER and others for showing us over here across the big pond the great relics and awesome coins that you do. Thanks for sharing.

DANGLANGLEY

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Great flint and bead!

Oh ! and they coins are nice too! Makes me wish I was back in Turkey with my detector!

................HH !

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds TK! Thanks or the post and HH, Mike

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken from Atlanta said:
I saw a bead similar to that one on an episode of "Time Team" they called it Roman 2cd century I think. Very nice finds!

I'm glad you said that, I was leaning towards Roman rather than Saxon. I remember the episode your talking about.

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I just recently found a site called veoh that has several episodes of time team on it. you have to download their player, but it's worth it. gives me something to watch when I cant get out and dig myself.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Ken from Atlanta said:
I saw a bead similar to that one on an episode of "Time Team" they called it Roman 2cd century I think. Very nice finds!

I'm glad you said that, I was leaning towards Roman rather than Saxon. I remember the episode your talking about.
Yeah....I said saxon but it could come from almost any period :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread