✅ SOLVED Iron Machinery Parts?

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Cheapo Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have any idea on these items? They were found in an area that has never been accessible to automobiles so I'm guessing that they are not old car or truck parts. No visible markings on any of them. The top piece has a couple of flathead screws with square nuts that go through the curved side. The rod in the center with two wheel sort of things has a large square nut on each end. Bottom piece has no fastening hardware on it, only the two protruding hooks. Magnet sticks to all of them. Any help is most appreciated!

all.jpg rocker.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
The long rod with the heavy washer is an old masonry wall tie.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I was on the hunt for an old building that burned down so I must have been close! Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bottom piece looks like the front or side decoration off of a wood stove. It slipped into place and was held by the 2 clips. This way you could lift it off for cleaning. Because it's 30" wide or there abouts I would say that most likely it was from the front, between the front legs but it could be from the top or side also. Some were really ornate and you may see a hint of chrome on it somewhere most likely. Probably to keep the ashes from hitting the floor so it was below the door. Could be from a cook stove but there's no telling unless you find the rest of the stove..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Reed! The thought that it might be part of a stove did cross my mind when I first pulled it out of the ground. Glad to see I was in the ballpark. No Chrome on it but it does appear to have some traces of a white or cream colored enamel on it.

Thanks for the input guys! 2 down 1 to go!

Upvote 0

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I've seen the last piece (triangular shaped). I think it might have been at the base of a lever that raises the depth for plowing drags. Notice in the first pic, the tiangular/rounded shaped things at the bases of the arms/levers, except yours doesn't have teeth to lock in place. It might have had a threaded knob to lock into place.
I also pondered the hydraulic lift lever on an old tractor, like in 2nd pic. notice how it holds the lever in place by tightening the leveler knob.
8a-05.jpg a32922.jpg

Upvote 0

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed the 2nd pic doesn't show a leveler knob. Our CASE 530 tractor has a knob. Basically it can be set in any place to stop the lever from going past a certain point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input Johunt! I know the part you're referencing. What seems odd about it is that there are no teeth. There are a few bolts that held something on to the curved side but I would imagine those teeth would have been cast as one piece instead of bolt on. Especially since the bolts are intact and not very big. I'll post some different pics of this piece later today from different angles.

Upvote 0

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mention the top piece because I was not sure but on the old cook stoves up top they had warming ovens and on some of these they had doors that were ¼round that would open by rolling up into the top and out of the way. This is what this may be but I wasn't sure enough to post on it. It has the hole in the right place for a rotating door and it is the right shape and everything, the square nut could be where one side was attached. But this would have been mounted inside the warming oven to the door and just moved up and down. That was good that the other piece was an enameled :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Delpirt

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info again Reed! The top piece was found just a few feet from where the bottom piece was found. I'm going to call this one solved! Thanks a ton for your help guys!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread