Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. This morning I did a quick hunt at a local farm and only found this spoon. The coin with it is a penny; the spoon is pretty large.
I used a dremmel with wire brush attachment to remove as much rust as I could, and then brushed the pieces with 3-in-1 oil to preserve them.

Is it possible the spoon is hand forged iron, and would that make it 18th century? This farm has produced plenty of 18th century stuff (including the KG2 from a few weeks ago).

Thanks!
Brian

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1619132974.792513.jpg

Upvote 6

Scorpio_queen6

Jun 13, 2016
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another New Jersey member! Cool find! I found a bunch of spoons, but there is so much iron in the ground where I'm looking, my detector goes off constantly lol
Hi everyone. This morning I did a quick hunt at a local farm and only found this spoon. The coin with it is a penny; the spoon is pretty large.
I used a dremmel with wire brush attachment to remove as much rust as I could, and then brushed the pieces with 3-in-1 oil to preserve them.

Is it possible the spoon is hand forged iron, and would that make it 18th century? This farm has produced plenty of 18th century stuff (including the KG2 from a few weeks ago).

Thanks!
Brian

View attachment 1920349

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May have been enameled or plated at one point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread