IRS Refund

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always defined doing well on taxes as paying in as close to the proper amount as possible so as not to get a refund, nor having paid too little and paying additional penalties for doing so. :evil5:

Getting a refund is simply giving the Government an interest free loan, I'd rather my money and having it making me more money. :thumbsup: :headbang:

For some the refund works as a savings account of sorts, others take it as a little windfall. That works for them. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind giving the govt. a free loan for a while.

we plan a big refund. hubby doesn't claim me or kiddo...so when we do taxes we get a boatload back. I would never and I mean never bank that money over the year that I am getting back. I put tons in 401K and into savings, but this extra....no way I would save $6K more out of his paycheck.

whatever works for you tho is the way to go :)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, I'm wondering if your child is a girl.. I would have named her

IRiS :laughing9:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still waiting on Ours Red Want Her New Detector NOW!!!! Congrat On your Tax deduction!!!! ;D ;D ;D Chug

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a student and having no "regular" income, (the majority of my income derives from selling on eBay and doing menial chores for friends, etc) I anticipate no payment due towards the IRS.
It will be another quick "1040-EZ" and I will be sure to claim the "EIC" status...

No big deal this year, just like the several years previously. Hopefully the $100 or $200 I might get back will HELP me to get caught up on my bills, like rent....

My Best,
Scott

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
I call her my little tax deduction.

Well, too bad you wrote that while I was working :tongue3: I also had another full name for her

Imma Deduction :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my parents were very funny --they named me -- Ivan Roper Salis -- thats right --- I R S -- once my now long ago ex got me some travelling luggage ( i was a merchant seaman and travelled a lot back then ) -- it had a brass plates for your letters to be on it ( she had them engraved -- IRS )-- when I got to where I was going overseas --it looked as if it had been thru two war zones -- duh -- it was marked --IRS-- the US baggage "apes" had worked it over top to bottom

so I am, the IRS --now if I only had their money -- LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread