Is a lesche relic shovel to drastic for digging coin.

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I would say for a park, yes. It does not look good to the onlookers either. I have one and use it in fields and woods and love it. I like to make a larger hole than needed and hopefully avoid scratching. You never know if its a coin anyway until you dig it. For parks, I use the Lesche knife, does a great job and doesn't look as bad to the onlookes as a shovel does. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
dfg4240

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the lesche digger also but just wondering if it would be quicker,
I will stick with the digger.
thanks
David

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
the propointer has made me dig a smaller hole as i can run around it and maybe locate it with out expanding the hole like i used to do..I made a pighunting knife into my treasure hunting tool..good too if you run into a pig while your hunting..lol..i find cutting the plug is better than digging it...des

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John (Ma) said:
I would say for a park, yes. It does not look good to the onlookers either. I have one and use it in fields and woods and love it. I like to make a larger hole than needed and hopefully avoid scratching. You never know if its a coin anyway until you dig it. For parks, I use the Lesche knife, does a great job and doesn't look as bad to the onlookes as a shovel does. Hope this helps.
In parks you can get shot in the back of the head using any type of digging too. I like the screwdriver or bayonet for the grass areas and if it is deeper, I usually leave it. When I do have to cut a plug I try to only use a 3 side cut and all dirt goes on a plastic sheet for placing it back in the hole.

I lately have been using the Fiskars trowel and am happy with it and the price.

Attachments

• Fiskers 7079 Big Grip Garden Knife.jpg
    Fiskers 7079 Big Grip Garden Knife.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,214
OP
OP
dfg4240

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Lesche all the time.
Depends how well you pinpoint also anybody here use both the Propointer and the detectorpro.
I know the pro looks awkward but 6" wow.
I had the propointer and loved it and now have to buy another but just want some input about the detectorpro.

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I just got the Lesche ground shark and love it. I was also worried about it being to drastic for coins but have totally changed my mind after using it. It can cut a nice plug with just two cuts on either side for shallow stuff. Or, for the deep targets that I'm not to sure on the pinpoint but don't want to damage the coin, I have been digging a four leaf clover hole. This makes a big plug that is easy to make very deep. It goes back like it was never there. And it's WAY faster then digging with any hand tool I've ever used. Especially if the ground is hard. Go with the shark you won't regret it.

TG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread