Is Gary Drayton right? Is there 1715 treasure in the Indian River?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I did some stupid stuff as a kid here in Florida. Night wade fishing in Lake Jackson for big bass, walking through St. Marks at night to flounder gig. Gators everywhere. I think back on it now and wonder how we were so lucky. Gators are nothing to mess with. I'm not bullet proof anymore.
Not sure how old you are but the gator population is definitely larger now than it was when i was a kid due to the protection acts etc.

Same as sharks... they are both over abundant now.

I also did the gator swims... along with every other critters and fanged thing.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 people have been killed by gators so far in 2022 in Florida and across Florida the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is investigating 16 attacks so far this year, and that was as of July 2022, there were 21 people bitten in attacks last year in Florida.

I am a Florida native, born and raised in Florida, my family history in Florida dates back to early 1800s prior to 1840. Been around gators most of my life, waded and swam in lakes and rivers too. I was taught at a young age to be careful and to respect what gators can do.

Anyone who doesn't respect what a gator will do is asking for trouble, they want attack a boat, but in the water you are in their domain so you better be observant and cautious.

View attachment 2055813
2 people have been killed by gators so far in 2022 in Florida and across Florida the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is investigating 16 attacks so far this year, and that was as of July 2022, there were 21 people bitten in attacks last year in Florida.

I am a Florida native, born and raised in Florida, my family history in Florida dates back to early 1800s prior to 1840. Been around gators most of my life, waded and swam in lakes and rivers too. I was taught at a young age to be careful and to respect what gators can do.

Anyone who doesn't respect what a gator will do is asking for trouble, they want attack a boat, but in the water you are in their domain so you better be observant and cautious.

View attachment 2055813
Lake Jesup and Harney are another 2 that are loaded.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I did some stupid stuff as a kid here in Florida. Night wade fishing in Lake Jackson for big bass, walking through St. Marks at night to flounder gig. Gators everywhere. I think back on it now and wonder how we were so lucky. Gators are nothing to mess with. I'm not bullet proof anymore.
Yes, we were bullet proof when young, not sure how I survived

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you drive over Lake Jessup on a calm day on the 417 the gators are thick floating on top.
Drove across Jessup one night for work, and the lake look liked there were small red lights everywhere, there were hundreds of gators with their red eyes glowing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, we were bullet proof when young, not sure how I survived

Yes, that is so true, when you are young you think you are invincible even if it is subconsciously. I have no idea how I survived to be my age, I have actually driven close to a million miles in my life, how I made it without a major accident I will never know. How I survived all the partying I will never know either, sometimes I feel like I spent the first half of my life betting I wouldn't get this old. 🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread