Is Gold Cube a good choice for clean ups?

chef440rt

May 2, 2014
central MA
Detector(s) used
Keen 4'' dredge with race car stickers to make it pump faster.
Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a faster way to do my clean ups. I usually have about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket after I rinse the dredge out for the day. 1st I classify to 8,12,20,30 and hand pan each step, then 50, and 70 I will run through a blue bowl. I feel very confident that this process gets 99% of the gold out of the cons but it takes a few hours everyday, and I've always wondered what it would be like to have some time to sit and relax in front of the camp fire. I've tried mini table sluices but they take a long time as well when done correctly. I've tried a friends green spiral wheel but after I paned the tailings I found it leaves behind gold. The blue bowl works good at anything below -30 but it takes much longer than panning. I've heard that the gold cube only needs to be classified to 1/8 then run through and your only left with a few cups of super cons to pan out. Does anyone have any experience using the gold cube? Does it make clean ups easier? Has anyone ever panned out the tailings from the gold cube? In the area I dredge I get a lot of 20 and 30 mesh flakes as well as -100. Dose the cube work well on all sizes of gold? Just curious before I buy one. Thanks.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cube will perform exactly as you describe. I have tested the tailings from the cube a couple of times and never found a speck. You will find that the cube does an excellent job of also capturing the micro fine gold, -100 and smaller.

Will take under 2 minutes to feed your 1/3 of a 5 gal bucket onto the slick plate of the cube but let it run for another 5 minutes to further reduce your concentrate into super concentrate before cleaning it up. Very doubtful that any gold from even a full 5 gallons of concentrate would ever make it past the first matted tray of the cube. So unless you are going to be running many many buckets of cons at a time the 3 stack should be sufficient.

Study the panning technique at the end of the demo and you will Learn to walk the gold up out of the black sand, it will save you a lot of time.

GG~

Last edited:

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at it for the same reason. Humping those heavy buckets is not the fun part for sure !

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use a simple ol'school sluice box-no pumps,priming,motors,gas,rules,regs blah blah blah bs. Just feather in slowly,rinse and go. Always keep it simple and ez-John

digitall

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes yes yes I am a gold cube owner I have a 4" Keene dredge I use to pack home buckets of cons now I classify to the 1/8 then run through the cube at the creek now I bring home a folgers coffee can full of black sand and gold then process that tea spoon at a time on my water table. The cube has saved me a lot of work and time it also has helped me recover more gold do to faster sampling and checking new locations I have the 4 stack deluxe I've been using for over a year with no complaints hope this helps good luck.

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the hose diameter that comes with the Gold Cube? I think I'll need one a bit longer than the 3' hose it comes with.

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I would recommend longer hose (1 1/8") and also extending the wiring to run to your power source. The GC is great and will catch everything. If your going to pan out the 'super cons' I would recommend washing out the top tray first and then the other 2 trays in another bucket. I honestly haven't got much of anything in the bottom 2 trays and 99% are on the first.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy the bilge hose (1-1/8") by the foot at lowes.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
I don’t own a gold cube, if I did and I was going to use it for cleanup this is what I would do. this add on was made by gold fox and looks good. I would take it a step further and add a nugget sluice at the end of the trommel. a simple one step clean up with no pre screening. I think that would make a damn fine clean up machine. well maybe 2 or 3 step clean. the super cons into a wheel and the left overs into a amalgamation tumbler. :icon_scratch:

bill/cr

Attachments

• gold cube trommel.jpg
    gold cube trommel.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 168

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is exactly what I want for my GC.. Very nice! $600.00 shipped. I wish there was a video of it in action.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a different one running, grabed it off of u tube

Needs a larger hopper and a back flow preventer ring or else a bucket/tub under the hopper.
But I like it:icon_thumleft:

Guess I'll have to make a trommel for my cube now. :tongue3:

GG~

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
yep , that one has a few problems. but it gives a lot to think about. what the biggest problem that I saw was he was plugging up the cube. take a look at the water exiting at the bottom of cube, at least 2/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] of the flow is blocked. 30 second mark. that can’t be good.
???
bill/cr

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered my gold cube and also got a black magic table to run my super cons through it. The videos I have seen virtually eliminate panning for gold under -30.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep , that one has a few problems. but it gives a lot to think about. what the biggest problem that I saw was he was plugging up the cube. take a look at the water exiting at the bottom of cube, at least 2/3[SUP]rd[/SUP] of the flow is blocked. 30 second mark. that can’t be good.
???
bill/cr

Good eye Bill, I did not catch that. :icon_thumleft:
Seemed to come and go :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread