Is it a point?

arerhodes

Jul 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it a point? Found during low tide on the Rappahannock river beach in Virginia. Looks like it was flaked but maybe broken . IMG_20200630_204321.jpg

Upvote 0

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it’s not! It’s not even an artifact! Just cortex flint

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has not been worked by man, Look around on this site at some of the points that have been found and notice the edges. By the way, Welcome to Tnet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, not an arrowhead.....Welcome to TreasureNet!:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
A

arerhodes

Jul 1, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback [emoji106]. I was looking around collecting seaglass and such, my neighbor told me the other day he used to find Arrowheads on that island. Guess I'll keep looking.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding a split piece of pebble Jasper would give me good reason to keep looking. But, it’s not enough to hang your hat on.

Always investigate thoroughly.

I have a section of beach that has given up some NA artifacts along with a bounty of crushed stone gravel (machine crushed Marblehead Rhyolite of a beautiful red color)

It washed out from around a storm drain and road berm material the DPW had used above the beach.

The tide has been moving it around quite a bit. It’s really disturbing from a few different perspectives.

That’s a preferred Stone Age lithic here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread