Attachments

• image-3999598380.jpg
    image-3999598380.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 145

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
swa, yes it may be a sign, symbol, if its easy to get to get another photo of everything around it the entire rock and all directions

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a possibility, like dsty said, get another photo of everything around it and the entire rock.

Not every sign is a treasure sign per say, just like not every highway sign is a sign for downtown.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a possibility, like dsty said, get another photo of everything around it and the entire rock.

Not every sign is a treasure sign per say, just like not every highway sign is a sign for downtown.

User, that is a dang good medafor. ( yeah, I know that's misspelled, but "spell check" doesn't know either. LOL)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's a sign you've been outside too long, unless you mean the part that looks like Elvis' face

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T
Didn't even realize it was you without your cat!

LOL. Well, the cat's off visiting for now. This new little guy is hilarious. I know the printing is small, but it says, "Everything is shits and giggles until somebody giggles and shits." The look on his face is priceless. Some of the comments on the forums makes ME have a face like that. LMAO

OP
OP
swa

swa

Greenie
Aug 3, 2012
You know it's to bad they let people like Jeff gordan make comments on treasure net. It's a very good site until they make wise crack at people on here.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't really tell from the pic, the white on the rock is a type of lichen,grow in a mesic habitat. I have noticed that this lichen, grows like coral, on the rock, but it grows more rapidly, and thick on stone that the surface of the rock had been removed. I had a case, a while back, were something I was looking for was hidden in lichen. The part of the rock that had been removed, thick, were it wasn't, very little. Justintime

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
SWA,
I have never seen a "sign rock" all by itself. If it is a real "sign" it should either be on a trail of other sign rocks or it should
be in close proximity to others marking an area. Look around and see if you come up with any more.
Rich

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a rabbit or a turtle. Your picture cut the important part off of the face. The slash on the side could be a confirmation. But before we get tracking, how big is this rock, can you move it with your foot? Looks like your on the walking or fast trail, should met up with ther trails. Looks like your on your way to seeing faces in rocks, good luck.

OP
OP
swa

swa

Greenie
Aug 3, 2012
It's about the size of the front of a pickup truck. It's on a creek in the woods that flows down into a river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread