is it ok to medal detect grave yards

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
I wouldnt even pick up an exposed coin off the ground in a cemetery, a complete taboo. Bad Ju-Ju.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gringoo said:
can you get in trouble digging in the grave yard?

i mean i wouldnt dig down six feet

Good for you! :icon_sunny:

Seriously, it's been gone over before, follow Felinepeachy's link.

Thanks for asking!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Only if you get written permission from the residents.

snowdog20

Feb 20, 2011
It isn't necessarily taboo. After all didn't they dig in King Tut's tomb? As for myself, if I'm prospecting out in the middle of Timbuktu, and stumble upon an old mining camp or settlement, and I find a grave, you're damn straight I'm gonna check it out. I know one such place I'm dying to check out should I get the time. Near me is a glacier, and granted I'm sure there isn't a grave, but an old ex-Marine died there about four years ago. My father and the guy's other friends got the bounty of ammo and other goodies. But he was living right near a well-known gold mining area. And stories are common in Alaska about old folks burying gold in jars somewhere before they die.
Maybe I'm insensitive in my opinion though.

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
snowdog20 said:
It isn't necessarily taboo. After all didn't they dig in King Tut's tomb? As for myself, if I'm prospecting out in the middle of Timbuktu, and stumble upon an old mining camp or settlement, and I find a grave, you're damn straight I'm gonna check it out. I know one such place I'm dying to check out should I get the time. Near me is a glacier, and granted I'm sure there isn't a grave, but an old ex-Marine died there about four years ago. My father and the guy's other friends got the bounty of ammo and other goodies. But he was living right near a well-known gold mining area. And stories are common in Alaska about old folks burying gold in jars somewhere before they die.
Maybe I'm insensitive in my opinion though.
thanks

gringo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread