Is it possible?

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
It appears they're the same price.

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jay: The MXT Pro comes with 2 options. One with the 12 inch coil for $ 899 or the option with the 950 coil for $849. They both come right now with the holiday package- pinpointer,backpack,headphones, digger and finds pouch. I actually like the 950 coil better and have the 10 dd for certain areas. The 10 dd loves bottle caps so I use the 950 a large portion of the time if I'm at a park with a ton of caps. I am the dealer down in Rochester, MI. Jim

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you. I guess I'll either have to get it with the 950 or just go with the T2.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the MXT and bought the D2 coil when they first came out and it was like putting a supercharger on it compared to the 9.5. Yes they do like bottle caps but that's easily cured by edging the target, that way it will show iron. I think the D2 is the best thing that ever happened for the MXT. It's really easy to tell bottlecaps on the V3i in best data mode but if you run it in a single frequency the same thing applies as on the MXT, you must edge the target with the front of the coil to determine if it is indeed iron or not.

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the MXT and bought the D2 coil when they first came out and it was like putting a supercharger on it compared to the 9.5. Yes they do like bottle caps but that's easily cured by edging the target, that way it will show iron. I think the D2 is the best thing that ever happened for the MXT. It's really easy to tell bottlecaps on the V3i in best data mode but if you run it in a single frequency the same thing applies as on the MXT, you must edge the target with the front of the coil to determine if it is indeed iron or not.

Thank you, that's exactly why I'm not getting the MXT now. I can't afford to buy the Mxt and then fork out another $200 for the best coil. Wish I could though.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where Gladstone is but if you're dealing with Prostock detectors you might ask Al if he couldn't give you the same deal for the MXT Pro with the D2 coil as he would with the 12" coil because both the coils bought separately are the same price. I'm not in the business but it would seem that both coils are probably both in demand so he might shake you a deal, I really don't know but I've always been curious about this same thing as you, I just never asked him. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread