Is it possible?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

No, it will not work here. Anytime the subject of "permits" or the "British system" comes up on USA md'ing forums, people's eyes wax romantic, and they have images of just being able to run around, and never fear supposed bootings, hassles, etc.... I mean, think of it: the idea of a "permit" conjurs up images of just waiving that paper in front of anyone and everyone, and you get to run nilly-willy and dig holes, and take home goodies to display on your own mantle place. But it doesn't work like that. Anytime there's ever any place (very few by-the-way) that has any sort of "permit" system, it's more restrictive & silly that needs be. Stuff like "not around trees" or "on sandy beaches only" "and you can't dig". Or quite frankly, the program gets yanked later, simply because it's all-the-more reason for archies to scrutinize the subject, since it's always up for their "princely sanction" at annual meetings.

The British system is very mis-understood by USA hunters as well: All they hunt over there, is farmer's fields with permission. They do NOT hunt city parks (and perhaps not even beaches?). All public land is a no-no. So you'll never hear of British hunters hunting public parks for silver, like we do. WOULD YOU LIKE THAT? Of COURSE not. Now over there, perhaps it's not a problem, since they have SO much history, that any cultivated field has 2000 + yrs. of continual usage. In fact, those "pesky" new coins in parks (less than 300 to 500 yrs. old) are probably a nuisance anyhow, haha.

And let's be honest: With all the govt. cut-backs, bureaucracy, and headaches to start anything new, do you REALLY think that uncle sam wants to start yet another "program" ?? It's simply not going to happen. And it will only bring INCREASED scrutiny and restrictions, not "open doors" to go nilly willy anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, if you feel so strongly about this, how about posting your comments on my blog?

OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very easy to do...the link is above....?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, is there a problem why you will not post your comments on my blog?

OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to start trouble....just trying to figure out why people here can say things, but not care to share them elsewhere? Does that make sense?

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give it a rest Barnum. Tom might not check the forum again till tomorrow.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Barnum , I'm on the road right now with my android phone only. Will look into this more tomorrow.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ok Barnum, I brought the text over to your blog, added some type corrections, and expanded on the notion some more.

OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tom....your comments are appreciated. You brought up a few things that I hadn't thought of, and are food for thought for sure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanx for making that available. I added some text to my thoughts there too.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, thanks Tom. Now he ran off and wrote yet another blog. :tongue3:

Tom, you best reply ASAP :laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
spartacus, I don't see anything there on his blog that indicates he's a proponent of bringing the "british system" here to the USA. So nothing to expand on or comment on there. Not sure what you mean then .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions