is it time to buy? help

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Hello there... I have been using my Garrett Master Hunter CX ( original ) not 3 for about 8 years.. seems to still work well... however I cant stop looking at the MXT XLT and DFX - does anyone know what kind of depth I can get with theese new detectors... I often dig good signals at 6 inches.. from the whites users what kind of depths do you get when coin shooting..???

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
DFX has 45 users adjustments in menus & sub-meus, the XLT 39. This bothers some, others like it. Had a XLT, deepest coin a quarter @ 6" that had a broken signal. had MXT, occasional 6"7" deep coin. But in my area with moderately mineralized soil,no detector I've used gets past 4" consistetly with a meaningful ID, using the stock 9.5" coil. HH, george (MN)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on mineralised 'hot' ground and my XLT will hit coins to eight inches with no trouble. My DFX went and the XLT stayed. You have to accept that the meter reading (or tones if you use them) will change according to the depth of target and amount of mineralisation. On an old site I only worry if the target is ferrous or not.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Many factors go into successful hunting. The more options you have the better it can be. Some don't like or utilize the options at hand. You should do well with any of those models.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dug some coins at 8.5" with my DFX.

I've dug some iron some targets at 12" in all metal mode out in the corn field.

HH
Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread