Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the NEL Attack for my AT PRO And sent it back because of the heaviness and I do a lot of detecting in an old park which I have found things from the 1800s. I sent back the attack and I got the Hunter because it was smaller and lighter, but bigger than my stock. I also use the 5 x 8". The age-old question is is there any other coil that I could get that would go deeper but yet not pick up eight signals at one time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 4 coils for my main detector. The 5"dd is used in hard to reach or trashy areas. The 12" x 15" SEF coil is used for areas with low target density such as fields, I also go back over permissions after I hit them in 3 directions with the stock DD coil and dig a majority of the targets to include trash. I always start a site using the stock coil.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the NEL Attack for my AT PRO And sent it back because of the heaviness and I do a lot of detecting in an old park which I have found things from the 1800s. I sent back the attack and I got the Hunter because it was smaller and lighter, but bigger than my stock. I also use the 5 x 8". The age-old question is is there any other coil that I could get that would go deeper but yet not pick up eight signals at one time?

That's always the trade off.....smaller is great for junky areas but you don't get much coverage or depth. Large coils allow you to cover more ground, but, they're tough to use in an urban park or other trash ridden site. As far as the weight, you can get a sling to handle that. The detecting buddy is only $20-25 and works great. I use on with my NEL Attack coil on my E-trac.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Mars makes some good stuff. My son has all the Mars and Nel products as they sponsor him. My son claims that the Nel is king on the salty beaches but that Mars is great in teh mountains.

I would suggest getting a CTX 3030 though.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mars makes some good stuff. My son has all the Mars and Nel products as they sponsor him. My son claims that the Nel is king on the salty beaches but that Mars is great in teh mountains.

I would suggest getting a CTX 3030 though.

Tell me my pros with the CTX 3030. What I'm trying to ask is, is it worth the money to put out over my AT Pro( which is like my third arm) with a big coil? And would it be a whole new system to have to master.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Worth" is a relative thing. On land, the AT Pro will probably find 85-90% of what the CTX will find. At a salt water beach it's more like 60%. You'll have to decide if the extra finds justify the extra money. It would be in my book, but, your book may tell a different story. Mastering the operation of the CTX shouldn't be an issue. It just takes time and experience.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Worth" is a relative thing. On land, the AT Pro will probably find 85-90% of what the CTX will find. At a salt water beach it's more like 60%. You'll have to decide if the extra finds justify the extra money. It would be in my book, but, your book may tell a different story. Mastering the operation of the CTX shouldn't be an issue. It just takes time and experience.

I appreciate the insight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread