Is it worth hunting?

Cache Hunter in NY

Mar 15, 2005
Fort Drum NY
Upvote 0
K

Kentucky Kache

Are there any stories or any reason to believe that someone in the area may have hid something? If so, a wooded area would be a prime spot. In any case, what would it hurt? You would at least get some practice detecting.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of good finds are made where you don't expect. I hunted my yard and found over 50 coins all newer than when I moved in. I found a few items that appeared older. Bottom line is any place to hunt is better than none.

Ed Donovan

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I know that there is still unexplored territory where nobody has been before, but the odds of someone losing an item is pretty good just about anywhere. You might get nothing but peace and quiet from no tones but you just might get bragging rights to...... I'd say go for it. HH and best of luck.

F

Floater

Go for it Cache. If the Parents dont mind then have at it. Hey can I come over and Play? LOL HH

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
We hunted my husband's parent's back yard. They moved in there around mid seventies and not too many other houses on the street at that time. No old coins but
I found an old toy car - Tootsie Toy Wedge Dragster - not sure what year it came out but someone selling one on ebay claims it was in the 30's. I thought it was a neat find.

Tara

C

charlie

It's like women, if you don't go for it you will never know and 20 years from now when you can't go you will think "I wish I went there".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread