WaveHiMike

Greenie
Oct 10, 2015
Toronto
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting quarter rolls and picking out the quarters that are different, the commemorative ones or whatever they're called. I was just thinking though, is there really any reason to be doing this? My intention was to see how many i can get, to see if I could get every one. But those don't really have any value, so in the end it would be mostly a labor of love. If you want to have a full set of quarter variations. And I'm in Canada and we have a lot of them, I'm not sure if the US has as many as us. So should I keep doing this or not?

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only the Kentucky "spitting horse" error and the Wisconsin "extra leaf" error. mint state proofs can carry a premium, up to maybe $2. every state quarter in a roll replaces what could have been a silver one :-(

OP
OP
W

WaveHiMike

Greenie
Oct 10, 2015
Toronto
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Canada so I'm getting Canadian quarters :(

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The State quarters aren't valuable in my opinion. However, I inherited the beginnings of my Dads collection and then I inherited some from my Father-in Law. I bought a Dansco for them and then filled in the holes to complete the set. Not worth much to anyone else but it has sentimental value to me. I am currently working on a set of the silver proofs. I've got two collections of pennies as well. Again not worth much but I enjoy filling up my books. It's a hobby.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
only the Kentucky "spitting horse" error and the Wisconsin "extra leaf" error. mint state proofs can carry a premium, up to maybe $2. every state quarter in a roll replaces what could have been a silver one :-(

Wisconsin extra leaf errors are going for about $80 out here. Don't know where you got $2. ?? ANd also one you missed, with a minor premium. Maybe $5 for a Kansas "In God we rust" coin. The grease error is over the T in trust, and people seem to take a perverse liking to that coin. I've found two Wisconsin leaf errors though, one of each, and looked for values, which is how I found those prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread