is it worth saving copper pennies?

silverfinder20

Apr 28, 2011
orlando
its an investment that may take decades in order for you to see a significant profit (15x face value). However, it is an investment that will always gurantee a 100% return. All you have is something to gain from this. But if you don't have the time and space for it than don't do it. Copper may be as hot as silver is now 30 years from now. It is hard to tell where the market for precious metals will be in the future. Precious metals tend to always increase in the long run and take occasionaly dips in the short run.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I realize you are a new member, but a lot of your questions can be answered by reading past post. This topic has been brought up twice at least in the past week. My advice is to do a lot of reading to find out about this great hobby of ours. Especially the first topic at the top of the page.
HH
enamel7

dmb062082

Greenie
Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Penny searching profits can be quite astonishing. Do NOT let the term penny scare you. The great thing is its a risk free investment as your not paying anything extra for a the penny. Once obtained you… at least presently triple your investment. They are worth almost three cents.

But you cant melt them down yet. If you have learned anything about our economy it should be its art of inflation. Just hold on to them... the price will rise. Your kids will be happy you did!

I am just getting into this hobby, and made a video and blog post about penny searching. Its a lot of fun. You can view it here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread