XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. About the only advantage of the latest upgrade with the old coil is a better GB tracking algorithm or if you are a Deus lite user, more control of advanced settings via the headphone controller that were previously only accessible via the main controller. I will say a coil upgrade to an X35 or HF coil, however, is well worth it. Opens up a lot more functionality and capability. The higher frequency setting has advantages for relic and jewelry hunting. For coin hunters, the X35 low frequency setting is has been improved with the ability to shift frequency and to adjust transmit power.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don’t forget, if you do choose to upgrade, that you need to make note of your custom programs as they will be erased due to the upgrade process. Do consider a coil upgrade at some point, the HF and X35 coils make an already incredible machine even better!

OP
OP
DetectorMoe

DetectorMoe

Apr 4, 2013
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t forget, if you do choose to upgrade, that you need to make note of your custom programs as they will be erased due to the upgrade process. Do consider a coil upgrade at some point, the HF and X35 coils make an already incredible machine even better!

Another question, when I ever get another different coil for the deus, will it be in same version? or I have to change/upgrade it to 4.1?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another question, when I ever get another different coil for the deus, will it be in same version? or I have to change/upgrade it to 4.1?

If you want to use the White HF coil, you have to upgrade to 4.X. If you want to use the X35 coils you need to upgrade to 5.X for full capability.

Discriminator

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Whites DFX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you want to use the White HF coil, you have to upgrade to 4.X. If you want to use the X35 coils you need to upgrade to 5.X for full capability.

What about performance impacts? I've read v4 reduced depth from 3.2 and 5 wouldn't support the legacy black coil

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both of those rumors are not true.

See my detailed response in your Coil vs. OS thread for more info.

Last edited:

ri2020

Greenie
Jan 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any tips how to balance x35 11 coil, pritty heavy to swing?

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any tips how to balance x35 11 coil, pritty heavy to swing?

Well that's the first time I have heard that complaint about a Deus/ORX coil other than the larger 11x13" coil due to its tendency to flex the shaft and toe heaviness. I know the 11" is slightly heavier than your HF elliptical (400 vs. 330 grams or about 2.5 oz heavier) but we are still talking about a very light system compared to even the lightest traditional wired detectors by more than a pound. I suppose, you can try getting a straight shaft then adding a counterbalance to the end or invest in a bungee swing assist harness setup if you are having trouble.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick fix is to shorten the length of the shaft.

As for newer versions, I watched a video by Gary B. He was talking about the V5 filters are not in the DEEP program.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread