Is mental dowsing all there is?

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
If you think all dowsing is mental, please share why. I would like to hear your point of view. Also if you don't mental dowse, do you use a sample?

If you mental dowse, do you think of the object you want to locate all the time?

If you don't mental dowse what do you think of "if anything" when you are locating.

These are simple questions so please keep to the thread subject. I would like to see post from mental dowsers and non-mental alike. Please keep your post civil with respect to others.

Tim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim Williams said:
If you mental dowse, do you think of the object you want to locate all

These are simple questions so please keep to the thread subject.
I would like to see post from mental dowsers and non-mental alike. Please keep your post civil with respect to others.

Tim

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=Tim Williams
If you think all dowsing is mental, please share why. I would like to hear your point of view. Also if you don't mental dowse, do you use a sample?

If you mental dowse, do you think of the object you want to locate all the time?

If you don't mental dowse what do you think of "if anything" when you are locating

Tim
~~~~~
A) "All mental "! The reactions of whatever you use to indicate with, have the movements/indications, transposed to them by one way or the other by the human element, most commonly by the ideo response.

Obviously, keeping a mental impression of what ever you are looking for reinforces and helps tune your abilities s.(?) or your psyche .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Till Eulenspeigle

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I use three sets of rods. I have one set with gold on the ends held on with liquid black tape. The second set has film canisters with small holes drilled through the sides for the rods. I bait them with what I want to locate. The third set are 3/16 brass rods.

When Dowsing I don't think about what I am looking for. I walk along and focus on what is around me ( rocks, trees, snakes etc.) When the I feel the pull on the rods I stop and get in my Dowsing Position and proceed slowly. I don't have to think about what is pulling on my rods as I know it's what ever I have them baited with.

I always do my search walking in one of the cardinal directions. Using two rods I find that the natural signal from an object will cross my rods only when I am North, South, East or West of it.....Art

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
RealdeTayopa,

Why do you think it is all mental? I know ideomotor is involed but we are not talking about ideo.
What cause the ideo trigger to start the rod movement?
Is it because you are keeping the image in your mind only. Or is it also tied to a visual response?

What method do you use to mental dowse? How do you know you the ideomotor has not triggered by a visual response?

Tim

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Art, from people I've talked to, most dowse the way you do including myself using a sample.

Yet Mental Dowsing from what I read talk to the rods like they were alive or something. Whats up with that?

How can one say all dowsing is the same? It appears that if you use a rod no matter how you dowse, they want to call it mental dowsing. Thats what I want to find out, why?

I have even seen on this forum the phrase "real mental dowsers".

I happen to know that when I mental dowse I cannot locate anything and I'm not the only one. So all dowsing cannot be mental. When I locate I clear my mind completely and wait on the trigger like yourself.

Thanks for the post guys.

Tim

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
dowser501, Dell has not posted here yet. I know from your post that you are a mental dowser. Is it true that you talk to your rods for a response? What is the perfect conditions that you are talking about and why is it so importatant?

Tim

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=Tim Williams
Why do you think it is all mental? I know ideomotor is involved but we are not talking about ideo.
What cause the ideo trigger to start the rod movement?
~~~~~
A) It is caused by the subconscious mind triggering the ideo response. There are peeps that can dowse by the tip of their nose reacting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it because you are keeping the image in your mind only. Or is it also tied to a visual response?
~~~~~
A ) true dowsing does not use visual reference in site for a response. This is why maps etc. can be successfully dowsed.

What method do you use to mental dowse?
~~~~~
A ) All dowsing is mental. One just goes along without attempting to guess or hope, only keeping in mind what you are looking for and just lets the subsconscious trigger the Ideo.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you know you the ideomotor has not triggered by a visual response?
~~~~~
A) If it is, then it is not dowsing, but guessing. Too many fall into this trap.

Tim

Till Eulenspeigle

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Dowser501, thanks for the responce. Next full moon I will try to mental dowse thinking of what I am searching for and not using a sample. I agree with you that you do get a stronger response holding the rod into your mid/side.

RealdeTayopa, I agree if you can see a visual target or targets your odds have turned to chance guessing.

Thanks for posts guys. If you have anything to add please do.

Tim

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Tim Williams link=topic=31074.msg209379#msg209379 date=1140991780]
Art, from people I've talked to, most dowse the way you do including myself using a sample.
~~~~~
A() a sample helps to establish in your subsconscious what you are looking for, may even supply the electromagnetic footprint.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet Mental Dowsing from what I read talk to the rods like they were alive or something. Whats up with that?
~~~~~
A) What you are dong is talking indirectly to your subconscious. This is the same technique used in self hypnosis.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How can one say all dowsing is the same? It appears that if you use a rod no matter how you dowse, they want to call it mental dowsing. Thats what I want to find out, why?

I have even seen on this forum the phrase "real mental dowsers".
~~~~~
A ) I repeat, all dowsing is mental using the methods we presently have available
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ppen to know that when I mental dowse I cannot locate anything and I'm not the only one. So all dowsing cannot be mental. When I locate I clear my mind completely and wait on the trigger like yourself.
~~~~~~
A) That IS mental dowsing ??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Till Eulenspeigle

[/quote]

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
RealdeTayopa, Ok can you tell me is there any other forms of dowsing?

If all dowsing is mental then I should not need a sample, correct?

Why do I need the supply the electromagnetic footprint if my mind is doing the work?

I'm learning here. If my mind as you say is the factor of all dowsing then I don't need anything but the rod. Yet all I can fine not using a sample is iron. Now understand I know what I want to find. I'm thinking of it all the time.
But until I hold a sample, it just does not happen.

So you do not think there is any type of communication between you and the target correct?

Tim

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I hate to sound like a broken record but I built a frame that holds two rods. You can move the frame anyway that you want and the rods will not cross. Without the frame the rods can be crossed by turning your wrists inward. This frame stops that. Now it seems to me that the frame has removed any little movments of my muscles that maybe making the rods cross.

When I step on a coin and the rods cross what is causing them to cross ?....Art

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,19537.msg126483.html#msg126483 This is where the rod holder can be found.

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Art thats cool.

I will try this week without using a sample and see what I get. I will also make it a point to try with a bright full moon overhead.

thanks for the replys,

Tim

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
dowsing an area the other day, using two rods,, had stopped and was just walking around looking at the landscape with both rods in my hands just hanging down by my sides...i walked into an area that caused the rods to go from pointing straight down {like dowser501 holds the future rod} to pointing straight out away from my body....i walked all around this large area and the rods stayed this way, defeating the gravity that should have kept them pointing straight down.......this spot is in the woods, away from any type interference, electrical or otherwise...some have said possibly water but i have never {unless wanting too} picked up on water, especially like this.......anyone here able to give any kind of explanation on this.....gldhntr

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Wow gldhntr! I have never heard of anything like that. Maybe dowser501 may post on this. He may have seen this with his rods sense you were holding your like he uses his.

Tim

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
There are way too many interpretations of mental versus assisted dowsing. Better to say that you dowse with a sample or without a sample. For sample or witness you can use a piece similar to what you are looking for or just the words written out of what you are looking for. Some folks insist that if you don't use an MFG or electronic device then you are mental dowsing. Very hard to reach a consensus that way. Assisted and unassisted is clearer and easier to agree on. exanimo, ss

musstag

Aug 10, 2006
I have dowsed just as you would use and MD, walk around and ... L-rods cross, ... dig and find a metal object.

D

dowser501

when the rods are dangling down brushing your knees,they are positioned 100% inside your bodies aura and the rod or rods a receiving whatever magnetic flux is available.

L rods held out in front of the body may or may not have any part of the rods inside the bodies aura which is the secret to dowsing. Held downwards with the handles adjusted to the new holding position will when atmospheric conditions allow, allow dowsing anything up to 50-100 times the dowsing strength.

L rods held out in front will receive some power if you keep your fists clenching your rods well back to your kidney area.

Dowsing conditions will be returning next january if you have time to practice then.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Tim....I think there is some kind of mental aspect to all dowsing. With my experiments I have learned that it is not Ideomotor Response causing my rods to cross. I believe that the signal from the object enters my foot. The body has some kind of reaction to this signal and the mind cause's a change in the polarity between my hands there by causing the rods to cross...Art

OP
OP
Tim Williams

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Hey aarthrj3811! Hows it going? Wasn't there a thread on "post your dowsing finds here"? I posted twice but can't find the thread? Must be that big 50 kicking it.

Take care.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread