Is My New Ace 250 Faulty or Is there Some Other Solution/Suggestion?

derek10

May 9, 2013
Regina
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all this will be my first posting here, i have a question about the garrett ace 250.
i got it home,set it up, did the bench test as well as self planted coins in the soil with various coins on *all metal* and it picked everything up no problem but was 99 percent inaccurate with the Iding, i could live with that, the only thing that discourages me is when i turn it to *coin mode* no matter what sensitivity from low to factory to high,above or in ground, the only coin it really will detect is a penny and it will rarely detect the quarter but only after about 10 passes back and fourth over the quarter and if its over about 1-2 inches it wont detect it at all, not sure if im doing something wrong or if anyones heard of this or had experienced this, im just wondering what approach i should take with this thing next. thankyou for reading . everything has been checked over numerous of times, correct coil wire wrapping/plugged in properly, brand new batteries, all of the display is lit up, it seems like its ok just wont detect my coins proper

Upvote 0

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have had trouble with coins I planted..the problem was from the oils in my hands...Wash the coins in detergent and try it again......Art

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Contact Garrett by e-mail or phone to find out if there are more tests to try or if you need to send it in, go to garrett.com for contact info. It may be a bad coil or something else. I had a few Garrett Ace 250s, they IDed most coins correctly down to 4" & were stable for sweeping on the ground at sensitivity 4 of 8 bars, maybe 5-6 if coil swept slightly above ground. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread