Is PA like this in YOUR area???

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
Michigan Badger said:
If I asked at 100 homes in our town not more than 5 would allow me to hunt and 4 of them would want to keep all I dug. Some guys just go around and hunt abandoned houses and hope the owner doesn't happen by. I know a guy who did that and found a $5 gold piece and large cent at such a place.

Almost all of our old parks and school grounds are closed to hunting but some don't enforce that rule very well unless a complaint comes in.

It's difficult in most areas today to gain permission.

I'm tellin ya - with the pitch I have....I just don't see that many doors being slammed on me. I'm in a rural area with a BUNCH of friendly folk. I just don't see that much rejection happening.

What are YOUR Pennsylvania trends????

-

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Ive access to 12.5 acres of farm/orchard at the backdoor for now ,Indians,Revolution,Civil war all passed right by the door. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
robbuckalew said:
I believe it is all in the (sales) pitch.

Yup! Here's mine:

“Hello! My name is <Gary in Pennsylvania> and I live on <My Road> in Roaring Brook. My daughter and I are admitted history buffs. And that’s what we do for fun…..find history. You’d be amazed at what may lie just inches below your feet! My daughter and I would LOVE to see what sort of history your property is hiding. It looks like it’s been around for a few generations. Our ultimate goal is to respect your ground….we’ll be careful so that you won’t even know where we’ve dug. And you’re more than welcome to watch or see what we’ve found. Is that OK? “

-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'v always been the Grass is always greener.... Type.

In School I supported the opposing school Teams

In Pro sports I Didn't & Don't Support PA Teams.

In buisnesses I Always Shoped at the out of the area stores.

When it comes to Farm goods the other side of the countrys is always better.

other Products, I Prefer them from Out of the country

Etc. Etc.

but gotta admit from what I Read on here.
at Least N.E. PA Seemes alot Friendlier.

Or at least we Don't Listen to the rest of the Country :tongue3:

JakefaePa

Feb 20, 2009
Pa
Detector(s) used
Bountyhunter
Hi Jeff , im new here in Pa but i gotta say the farm produce around here is just out of this world.Ive never tasted better corn on the cob , straight from the field to the pot.Tomatoes , peppers,chillies,peas,lettuce etc all grown here and excellent.
I do grow a lot of it myself but theres a place nearby called the truck patch and man oman do they ever have great veg and reasonable too.

Sports teams...Pa leaves me cold..shudder.. my team in Scotland is Glasgow Rangers so naturally my baseball team here was only ever going to be the Rangers even if i was in Pa and yes even if the Phils won the WS while i watched ..once a Ranger always a Ranger , it isnt a choice thing..just how it is.
But ill tell you even though Pa had just won the WS i noticed my wearing a Texas Rangers Bball shirt got me some funny looks and less than attentive shop assistants.
I was told its because i was wearing that shirt..so thats how it is eh..good..ill wear it all the more and hope the Rangers can sparkle this year :icon_jokercolor:

There is something about the NE pf Pa though , your right about that , a much more back in time experience for me , mellow people around here just stick to thier own business,seldom see a neighbor..excellent.
Time kind of stood still a little in this town and i guess they like it that way,it is charming ill say that and its pretty much live and let live around here.

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello! My name is <Gary in Pennsylvania> and I live on <My Road> in Roaring Brook. My daughter and I are admitted history buffs. And that’s what we do for fun…..find history. You’d be amazed at what may lie just inches below your feet! My daughter and I would LOVE to see what sort of history your property is hiding. It looks like it’s been around for a few generations. Our ultimate goal is to respect your ground….we’ll be careful so that you won’t even know where we’ve dug. And you’re more than welcome to watch or see what we’ve found. Is that OK? “

Gary, I like your salesmanship, I'll have to remember the history references. I've been doing this for a long time and I hate knocking on doors for permission, but I somehow manage. I am in agreement with putting it out there who you are and where you're from, that gives up some information that makes it personal. I have become courteous thanker as I walk away more often that being accepted. When you get into rural areas, it's a toss up. Most are very friendly, many are very suspicious of "city folk" which I do not concider my self one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread