is possible that Beale could have known about these expeditions

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
found out I'm related to this guy, was checking him out & found he explored the west in 1820

I have some reading to do
parts 1-4 of Long expedition

Pike exploration

a map of the Pike & long expeditions

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not convinced that Stephen H. Long is my ancestor, but searching around for more info on him, I did find
a copy of the original book by Zebulon Montgomery Pike, that HathiTrust referenced
First published in 1810 under title:
An account of expeditions to the sources of the Mississippi.

also found the maps, charts, statistical sheets parts 2 & 3 haven't located 1 yet @ the LOC
info for copy 1 can be found under notes
img can be opened and zoomed

An account of expeditions to the sources of the Mississippi.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Longs Peak has been a regular sight of mine for more than 30+ years now. There was a time I could see it from my kitchen window, but trees grew in between me and that veiw some time ago. These are a couple pictures I've taken of Longs Peak. The 1st I took outside of town from some undeveloped bluffs outside of Lafayette, Colorado where I live. It's a place I like to ride my bike to and still remains untouched and very close to what the natural landscape was before all this urban development had replaced this natural land with the specific designed landscapes of modern development. The one with the sun setting behind Longs Peak was taken by a small lake called Prince Lake 1 or maybe Prince Lake 2 during fire season in the Rockies.

Attachments

• bike ride 021017 1.jpg
    bike ride 021017 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200711_205235.jpg
    20200711_205235.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions