OP
OP
T

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This one is almost the size of a football and looks solid. I wish I'd taken some more pictures but I was in a hurry.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
I have been watching some very interesting videos on youtube showing modern day knappers making points, knives, etc., out of flint and other materials including modern glass and hard baked tile. I think you could contact someone like paleoman52 from youtube and show them what you have. If there are mineral collector's shows in your area, I am sure somebody would be interested in making you an offer. I learned from a friend that there are precious gem stones to be found in North Carolina. He and his family took two week vacations to NC each year, and always found enough to pay for their trip costs.
Good Luck,
Phil

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching some very interesting videos on youtube showing modern day knappers making points, knives, etc., out of flint and other materials including modern glass and hard baked tile. I think you could contact someone like paleoman52 from youtube and show them what you have. If there are mineral collector's shows in your area, I am sure somebody would be interested in making you an offer. I learned from a friend that there are precious gem stones to be found in North Carolina. He and his family took two week vacations to NC each year, and always found enough to pay for their trip costs.
Good Luck,
Phil
There is a doctor here in Western SC that found several arrowheads made of quartz. Now I'm not an active relic hunter but those were the most beautiful arrowheads I've ever seen and if I could find something like that I'd be looking often

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen smaller, less attractive crystals in new age stores for over $600. I would think if you sell it to a hippy psychic type it's name your price day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread