Is the ACE 250 a good creek machine?

doodman

Greenie
May 12, 2007
I think I'm set on the ACE 250 just because of all the good reviews I have found. To be honest, I think that most detectors get good reviews now, no? Probably because you have fun treasure hunting, no matter what you're using!

I live near Toronto, ON, Canada. No saltwater.

1) Will the 250 be ok on wet sand? My dealer told me there is no difference between wet and dry sand. Is this because it's all freshwater?

2) Will this machine work ok around sand, gravel beds, and in 1" - 6" of water on creeks? This is very important for me as I plan on using it off the beaten paths of the many many creeks we have flowing into lake Ontario. I know there are many old native / pioneer settlements around here and I hike and fish these places all the time. It would only be natural for me to do some metal detecting in these places as well.

Thanks folks!

-Al

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
It will be great in those conditions. Just be careful cause if you drop it then it is toast! good luck

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used mine in a creek, but I did use it briefly in a fresh water lake...It seemed to be ok....You will like it....Sounds like a lot of fun up there...Best of luck....TOM

BTW, I have had mine around four years, and never had any issues with it.......I am rough with it also....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Yes and Yes...

I have often used my ACE in the water and wet sand. Fresh water Sand really doesn't make much difference. I have in the past water proofed my ACE and had a lot of fun with it. It's so popular because it is a great unit for the money.

Attachments

• ace (2).jpg
    ace (2).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 313

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread