is the blue boul any good

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
It works for me. I use it when I have a lot of cons, otherwise I pan.

OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It little prices

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one of the first dealers almost 30 years ago,tried 100s of other goldfarbs and still use mine many times a year. Throw away current instructions, move control valve at least 6" from bowl,classify to at least 50 mesh,run all materials wet,up against the opposing wall from inlet for feathering effect,run full to the brim for righteous vortex(think toilet bowl effect) and good to go. John

goldseeker103

Aug 13, 2013
Ya I have one and I quickly found out you can go too fast with it and wash ur gold away if it's real fine but once u get use to it it's great saves a lot of time and I coughs a lot more

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
While running I often think the bottom of the bowl could have 6 or so small grooves running in a spiral pattern opposite the pattern of the material. As the material passes over it catches the gold. It works good the way it is but I'm guessing this might clean it a little better or faster.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one straight away after I got my Keene A-51. It's a good buy.
I got it:
1. Because I heard good things and it looked fairly simple on the youtube videos.
2. Because I couldn't pan a can of soup when I first started, and this still let me get the gold out of the black sand :)

I've kept all my trips cons in separate coffee cans in the garage, now I'm drying them all out and sifting the lot into 30 and 50 mesh to run through the blue bowl again to get anything I've missed this fall. (and when I first started using the blue bowl lol). Seems to classify easier when its dry.
I intend to get some ribbed matting for the output of the blue bowl to run down, but I'm hesitant as I think the blue bowl is getting it all.

goldseeker103

Aug 13, 2013
Ya their great just got done using mine I also use a gold cube together with a blue bowl u don't miss anything I luv the blue bowl with the game cube

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is it worth classifying to 100 mesh as well? I do that for finish panning and get some amazingly small gold...it looks like gold fog in the pan. I would think that would be similar with a bowl no?

goldseeker103

Aug 13, 2013
Is it worth classifying to 100 mesh as well? I do that for finish panning and get some amazingly small gold...it looks like gold fog in the pan. I would think that would be similar with a bowl no?
ya and no iv coughs stuff in my blue bowl that I def would have mist I deal with micro gold all the time

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Go as small as you have classifiers for

-100's in the bowl

Attachments

• -100 mesh 002.JPG
    -100 mesh 002.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet but still a little prices

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet but still a little prices

Depends on how you look at it I have a 4 inch proline that cost in the neighborhood of 5k. If I spent that much to get the gold bearing dirt why would I not spend another hundred to get that fine gold. Ask any operation the fine stuff pays the bills.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The fine gold IS key. However a humble gold pan can do just as well as a blue bowl so I agree, it's a bit pricy for what it does. Just learn to pan -200 gold and you're home free.

goldandbill

Dec 2, 2013
Gold Beach,OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 7 and Mine Lab Eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2013 BEACH GOLD-3.jpg I have used the blue bowel - it works good, IF-pre screen, the more like size fines the better-feed small amounts like a teaspoon, gradually-feed ahead of the inlet , about3-4 inches this way the current grabs the lighter wt. stuff and pulls it forward, allowing the heavies to settle just after the inlet.Other tip- is to set-up gold trap below your outlet hole, this means you will have to suspend the whole thing at higher level.This way you can catch the fine gold.
Here on the OR coast we get ocean beach gold which is flour or dust- see pic of 18.8 grams from beach.It has few dark, non magnetic sand grains in it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread