Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gonna be tough on food supplies definitely. and animal feeds etc.

surprisingly being in NC we mostly have very drought type summer. this year. rain....and tons of it. t-storm after t-storm wtih big rain. we are so green it is scary. I was mowing in February and haven't stopped. Usually the lawn turns brown and I get about 2 months of not mowing. not this year. My pastures are in beautiful shape.

very high heat tho. whew

I will send ya'll some rain. just say where and I will do the dance and send it your way :)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The heat killed off my vegetable garden before it really got started, But with all the rain now, the overgrown sections are 10' tall with abundant blackberries and red wineberries. It takes the Kabota with loader to cut thru it.

flower#10  500.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Report from central Ohio: hot and dry until yesterday. The tad of spotty rain may have helped the dusty soil for a day or so. It is actually spotty draught around here. A few miles west and the crops are looking normal, drive a little farther west and back to puny looking crops.

Predominant big farm crops are corn and soy beans. Small garden farms are going to have a weak crop this year unless they watered the fields. Prices at farm markets are showing an increase.

Overall, yes, I'm certain there will be hefty price increases for all farm related stuff. Restaurants will probably hike prices. Oh, I have to ask if anyone else has noticed the reduced selection of foods in buffet restaurants recently. Salad bar selections seem to be narrowing. Our favorite buffet near here closed due to lack of business and that came after they cut back on selections and raised prices.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
We got a good amount of rain in our area (northern Michigan) but much of southern Michigan was hit pretty hard I'm told. But this was by far the warmest summer I've ever seen in this state. We set all sorts of records this year. My sister-in-law lives on a small lake in western Michigan and it was so hot last month that the fish were dying off. To my knowledge this has never happened there before in recorded history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread