Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been trying to get used to using the LR2000 but it doesn't seem very accurate? I have tried pulling up GPAA claims I know are active and the info seems very old? Unfortunately the county I am looking at does not have the info on line either. If anyone has experience with Trinity County let me know.

Upvote 0

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
It takes the blm several months to put new claims into the system. I have found that if a claim I know is active doesn't show up its because it is lumped in to a file with other claims of the same owner. Usually best to go to your blm public records room and pull files

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi rdg,
Try minecache.com. It is a pay site that uses google earth but is updated several times and it has a 30 day free trial. It should fill your needs.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was doing some claim research the first week of this month and was very surprised to find some claims in my area that had been updated that week on the LR 2000. When your setting up your search try highlighting all three - closed, active, and pending, I've found it makes a difference sometimes. Shoot me a pm if you'd like of what your looking for. I'm not an expert by any means but I have a few resources that may be able to help.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RDG: If you are a member of GPAA, their recent Gold Prospecting mag
had a complete LR 2000 tutorial.

Having looked at several options, I found the Minecache version to
be the most accurate. I know of claims in my area that have been
active for years, and I've never been able to find them in LR2000,
but Minecache software shows them and all the related data.

OP
OP
Rdg Sluicer

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the suggestions. I am not really having a problem using LR2000, it took about an evening figure out what I wanted it to do. It just doesn't seem very up to date.

Minecache seems like it is worth a try though.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread