is the minelab 305 anygood is it better than the fisher f2

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and yes. If it wasn't any good, it would be trashed all over the internet. It is a very versatile machine, especially for the price. A quick look at the specs will show you the difference between the two.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Never used a F2 but my 305 has always performed well for me. It's a very easy machine, almost in the "switch on and go" catagory.Found me some good stuff when i first started the hobby.(It was my first detector.)

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
Dirty Money said:
Yes and yes. If it wasn't any good, it would be trashed all over the internet. It is a very versatile machine, especially for the price. A quick look at the specs will show you the difference between the two.

thanks

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
Dano Sverige said:
Never used a F2 but my 305 has always performed well for me. It's a very easy machine, almost in the "switch on and go" catagory.Found me some good stuff when i first started the hobby.(It was my first detector.)

thanks

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go for the 305 since it has an adjustable ground balance now. Also it takes the high frequency coils now too. It seems to be more like the older xterra 50 now. I would go for the 305. Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread