Is the Silver Umax related to the Eldorado?

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• DSC06211.JPG
    DSC06211.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,652

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you pulling things apart? ???

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet I don't care as long as it works and it does! M :laughing9: nty

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I'll bet I don't care as long as it works and it does! M :laughing9: nty

:laughing9: an Monty has spoken :notworthy:

OP
OP
SvenS

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Why are you pulling things apart? ???
Because I can, it's mine, I'm curious, I build , I rebuild, and most of all like to tinker:
http://home.earthlink.net/~puddlepirate/
:laughing7:

Hey Monty, you know I want an Eldo, after reading all your posts over the years. It's one I have to own. :icon_thumleft:
For now I can pretend the Silver is a baby Eldo.....

ssumax.jpg

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Sven, I'll tell Monty tells the truth the Eldo is a awsome little machine , The Eldo (plastic case model) was my first machine an I've done it all with it .I mainly coin an jewelry hunt with it which it does really good at but I used it all last year as a water machine (keeping the water level below the heaf unit ) an other than the one time we both got socked it did just fine .oh btw when I dunked it all I did was turn it off remove the batteries an let it sit a few days an dry out worked fine .I use it for club hunts , I've hit a couple nuggets with it up on the claim an its a great little machine light easy ready to go an ready to hunt. I myself have been threw a few machines an will probably go threw a few more but the Eldorado is allways gonna stay ...Hell I might pick up an extra one just because lol :icon_thumleft:

HH Tank

Attachments

• Tesoro.jpg
    Tesoro.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • frontpaneleldorado.gif
    frontpaneleldorado.gif
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,860
  • Tesoro.jpg
    Tesoro.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,053
  • frontpaneleldorado.gif
    frontpaneleldorado.gif
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,554
OP
OP
SvenS

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alrighty then, found an Eldo for $225, sending out the $$ Tuesday.
I'll have the real thing. I'll use Baby Eldo until it gets here.
I'll have to cash in my gold finds to pay for it.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Tejon/Super Silver Sabre Umax?

I'm new to Tesoro having bought my first model (Vaq) a few years ago. Love it. Now I have a DeLeon and a Cibola to go along with the Vaquero. This brand is just my style with it's good depth and old school dials and toggle switches. Love Tesoro and wish more users would try one.

On seeing the photo above of the Super Silver Sabre, I have to think this is the same as the current Tejon if controls are any indication. (dual disc.) I'm not familiar with earlier Tesoro detectors. I'm getting a Tejon this week when I get up to Miami. From all I hear it's the current deepest offering.

So did the Tejon displace the Silver Sabre in the product line?

Thanks, Old Town

OP
OP
SvenS

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tejon/Super Silver Sabre Umax?

Old Town said:
I'm new to Tesoro having bought my first model (Vaq) a few years ago. Love it. Now I have a DeLeon and a Cibola to go along with the Vaquero. This brand is just my style with it's good depth and old school dials and toggle switches. Love Tesoro and wish more users would try one.

On seeing the photo above of the Super Silver Sabre, I have to think this is the same as the current Tejon if controls are any indication. (dual disc.) I'm not familiar with earlier Tesoro detectors. I'm getting a Tejon this week when I get up to Miami. From all I hear it's the current deepest offering.

So did the Tejon displace the Silver Sabre in the product line?

Thanks, Old Town

The Super Silver Sabre pictured above was originally a Silver Sabre Umax that I mod'd a number of years ago around 2006.
Then used Photoshop or Paintshop Pro to make a new faceplate decal had Quick Kopy print. Not sure where the unit is now.
I eventually switched out the single turn GB pot for a 10 turn pot. had to relocate it to where the threshold is currently pictured and threshold pot was moved to wher the GB pot was. I needed extra room as the 10 turn pot was larger. And to save room the other pots were replaced with smaller 12mm pots. When it was all done all the knobs matched.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Very clever, Sven. I'm limited to swapping batteries. This is the limit of my electronic ability.

I like what you did. You made a Tejon before Tejon was cool.

OT

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, you have to realize I'm an old fart and electricity is still magic to me. You can't see it, can't hear it and can't smell it unless you screw something up and cause a short. But you sure as heck can feel it! If it wasn't for that I would swear it didn't exist! :wink: My son says I am electronically challenged. I thought that was a fair assessment of my condition. I was just being myself in my first post. And by the way , how come this keyboard won't play music? All it does is make words that I don't always spell correctly! M :laughing7: nty

OP
OP
SvenS

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Guys, you have to realize I'm an old fart and electricity is still magic to me. You can't see it, can't hear it and can't smell it unless you screw something up and cause a short. But you sure as heck can feel it! If it wasn't for that I would swear it didn't exist! :wink: My son says I am electronically challenged. I thought that was a fair assessment of my condition. I was just being myself in my first post. And by the way , how come this keyboard won't play music? All it does is make words that I don't always spell correctly! M :laughing7: nty

hEY MONTY yOU DO A GOOD JOB At KEYBOARDING.
I never learned how to type, I use several fingrers, gut pretty gerd at it after all these years. I remeber chicken peckin
on a typewriter before they were electric. What pain to correct typing mistakes back then.

Why doesn't your keyboard play music? It can you know.
There are a bunch of free programs out there:
http://www.download3k.com/Home-Education/Miscellaneous/Download-Keyboard-Music.html
I'm sure you can even make it make sounds like a Tesoro or Teknetics Omega :laughing7:

oops have to go to work, see ya

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SvenS said:
Alrighty then, found an Eldo for $225, sending out the $$ Tuesday.
I'll have the real thing. I'll use Baby Eldo until it gets here.
I'll have to cash in my gold finds to pay for it.

$225 :icon_thumleft: great deal .

I feel for you I had to cash in my nuggets to buy my StingRay .....thank god for them lil yella rocks :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread