Is there a Cheap water machine ?

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For fresh water You could look for a second hand Tesoro Stingray or Tiger shark
You might pick up a used Whites BHID for a few hundred dollars; This machine is good on salt beaches and not to bad on mineralised fresh water beaches and rivers. Not to flash over black sand.

Fisher 1280X is good for fresh water hunting, can be noisy in the surf.
These are all VLF detectors and have discrimination.

Not any waterproof PIs about that are not pricy; You might be lucky and score a Sea Hunter MK2 for a few hundred dollars.or even an old Fisher Impulse; Of these two I would go with the Seahunter.

Be carefull with second hand waterproof detectors, they might not be so waterproof.

The only cheap new waterproof machines are made in china and because they a re flat chat getting deeper than a few inches in wet sand and mineralised ground, the low price that you pay for them becomes a waste of money.

There is a machine listed on Ebay as a Sand Shark Underwater detector (This is NOT TESORO SAND SHARK). It is listed as a Pulse Induction metal detector but I am sure that it is a VLF similar to the Aquavision which I had for a short while, Purchased it because I wanted an inexspencive underwater machine and at 189 dollars I got what I payed for , A piece of crap. The seller is not contactable (not from my computor that is) So be wary of this machine.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What he said :laughing7:

A year and a half ago Wal-Mart had the MD9600 (Viper Trident) for $50 online. I took a chance and ordered one. It worked the first time I used it, wouldn't turn on the second time. Brought it to wallyworld and got a refund. Tried a second one, it leaked as well. Got my money back again and the store wasn't happy, said I couldn't return another one after that.

Best bet if you want cheap, watch the classifieds and ebay. Good deals crop up all the time if you watch for them. If buying off ebay, make sure the seller has good feedback.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, :hello:

Thanks a bunch for the Advice guys, very helpful !! :notworthy: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:

band-aid

Nov 10, 2010
I also have a question about these. I found a White's Beachhunter ID on Ebay for $525, which is the detector I would want, but the seller says it's nonrefundable.

Should I get it off the auction, or should I buy it from White's with a warranty for the full price?

Also, here's the auction

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
band-aid said:
I also have a question about these. I found a White's Beachhunter ID on Ebay for $525, which is the detector I would want, but the seller says it's nonrefundable.

Should I get it off the auction, or should I buy it from White's with a warranty for the full price?

Also, here's the auction

It is the 2005 model, they had a problem with the waterproof gasket, it leaked. Owner does not say it was sent in to have it replaced.

Just my own personal opinion. but I personally would not buy it for that price.....I can understand the no returns, nothing against the selller there......I had a new BHID in June of 2006, I had to send it in twice for leaks before I traded it on on a new Minelab Sovereign GT.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter is right about the Beach Hunter ID leaking in the older models. The newer ones have a different O ring and redesigned box. Nothing wrong about none refundable as many people just want to play with a detector and abuse it then claim they want their money back.

I had a White's Beach Hunter ID that White's bought back from me because the coil advertised as near neutral buoyancy floated and you had to hold it under the water which got tiring. Light weight coils are fine for the above water searches. If your set on a White's you should go for a new one for the warranty.

But the king of the saltwater beach detectors is the Sov GT. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Sovereign GT face.jpg
    Sovereign GT face.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 773
  • Sovereign GT face.jpg
    Sovereign GT face.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 766

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree that the Sov GT is a brain snapper salt beach machine, it is not water proof, so don't drop it in the water. I have not had any probs with my BHID which I bought as a non working machine on Ebay, It was an easy fix and I fitted a new case seal, the machine has been fine ever since.I have not noticed any flotation probs with the coil and do not have difficulty keeping the coil down in the water. but then I do not go out beyond about 3 foot deep.
The Sov GT is a far superior machine to the beach Hunter. The Excalibur is basically a waterproof Sov and is a bit on the heavy side but is a great beach and surf/scuba machine.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a White's surf-master amphibian 2 it has good discretion light and you can find them on eBay for a round 300.00 bucks i did and I love that detector.

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfmaster II is the best bang for your buck. This will get you started. You can find one used for around 200. And always get your money back when you desire to up grade.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, :icon_scratch:

Please tell me more about this machine !! :o
For $300 I don't think I have to buy a used one. :icon_scratch:
I don't want to buy one used. :help: Because of what people said at the top of the post. :headbang:

Thanks guys, :notworthy:
Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Interesting, :icon_scratch:

Please tell me more about this machine !! :o
For $300 I don't think I have to buy a used one. :icon_scratch:
I don't want to buy one used. :help: Because of what people said at the top of the post. :headbang:

Thanks guys, :notworthy:
Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

It is probably going to be hard to find a new White's surf-master amphibian 2, they haven't made them in a while.....

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had good luck with my Detectorpro Wader.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions