Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~woof~
Can you imagine a manufacturer of a non-fraudulent locating device identifying the apparatus as being in the LRL or MFD category
There are a lot of non-fraudulent devices on the market...So I think they would be wecome.
identifying the apparatus as being in the LRL or MFD category
Is this not where LRL’s and MFD’s are discussed?
and camping in the LRL forum to engage in discussion about the thing? The very idea is laughable!
Why would that be laughable?? We have a bunch of people who have never used or saw a LRL posting here so it would be a pleasant change...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Art, I work for a company that's been making non-fraudulent long distance locating apparatus for nearly 80 years. And we have lots of competitors. Not a single one of 'em represents their stuff as an LRL and pushes it in this forum, and if we did, the fraudsters would cry foul! As it is, they whine and throw fits that people who are involved in manufacturing the real stuff come here to call the bluffs of the fraudsters.

It gets even funnier. Mineoro has their feet in both worlds, but they don't dare to push their non-fraudulent stuff here because then everyone would see the difference! Ain't that funny, not even Mineoro (!) dares to hype their nonfraud products here! The manufacturers of the frauds and the dreaded "skeptics" all know the same thing about the fraudulent products, with the possible exception of yourself who seems to be the only one posting here who's confused about the matter.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Art, I work for a company that's been making non-fraudulent long distance locating apparatus for nearly 80 years. And we have lots of competitors. Not a single one of 'em represents their stuff as an LRL and pushes it in this forum, and if we did, the fraudsters would cry foul! As it is, they whine and throw fits that people who are involved in manufacturing the real stuff come here to call the bluffs of the fraudsters.
Could you tell us the names of some of these Treasure Hunting devices? Are these devices hand held?

It gets even funnier. Mineoro has their feet in both worlds, but they don't dare to push their non-fraudulent stuff here because then everyone would see the difference!
The only devices I have looked into are hand held LRL’s made for treasure hunting
Ain't that funny, not even Mineoro (!) dares to hype their nonfraud products here! The manufacturers of the frauds and the dreaded "skeptics" all know the same thing about the fraudulent products,
Do they?
with the possible exception of yourself who seems to be the only one posting here who's confused about the matter.
I am not confused...the 7 devices I have used all helped me locate and recover gold...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
This forum is for fraudulent apparatus, Art. If you're interested in non-fraudulent, that stuff is real easy to track down elsewhere if you're interested. And yes, Mineoro knows the same thing about their frauds as the "skeptics" do, as explained in detail in my Mineoro post several days ago. I don't expect you to understand it, but you can bet your RangerTell that Ol' Flashbulb understands it.

--Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Meanwhile, some great entertainment, "read the advertisement!" (Art, you may as well ignore this one.)

http://www.terrafirmaassayers.com/long-range-locators.pdf

In plain English, here's an LRL proponent explaining that LRL's don't work. By the way, for those of you who don't have any background in physics or electronics, the human body is not a fractal antenna and things that really are fractal antennas aren't magic, they're just fractal antennas, a superset of the log-periodic antennas that so many people have on their rooftops for picking up television.

It's possible that the poor guy actually believes his schtick. Saw something about fractal antennas, though it was a great ingredient for word-salad pseudoscience, and proceeded with his fairy tale believing it himself. Some of y'all saw what Chuckie did when the word "fracking" finally registered with him, all of a sudden he was "fracking" with the big boys, too. It's an F-word, it sticks in their craw and it chokes 'em until they figure out how to regurgitate it.

--Toto

Short essay on pseudoscience fraud:

There are experimenters out there who have a fanciful theory on how if they build thus-and-such, it'll do some sort of amazing thing. See it among perpetual motion machine promoters all the time, although nowadays they've tried to go hep-cat with "zero point energy". But there's this problem: when they build it, it doesn't work! ........So how to solve the problem? They're sure that their fancy is right and that reality somehow got it wrong, so to correct the Universe's mistake, they fake it to make it the way that in their fancy it should have been. And they believe that they're doing the right thing, the notion that they're committing fraud doesn't cross their mind! In their mind, they're just fixing the Universe's mistake, and believe that sooner or later the Universe will come around and knuckle under to their fancy of how the Universe ought to go about its business.

Meanwhile the Universe just keeps going on about its business unperturbed by the claims that mere mortals make against it.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Parody of Signal explaining that getting his LRL to work is just too darn difficult if Carl is watching:

Cute toddler avoids chores with 'it's too heavy' shtick

Enjoy.

The LRL proponents constantly remind me of toddlers who demand that an adult buy into their fairy tale, and throw tantrums when we don't cave in.

--Toto

At least the kid does eventually get it to the finish line. LRL bluffers don't even get out of the starting gate.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Meanwhile, some great entertainment, "read the advertisement!" (Art, you may as well ignore this one.)

http://www.terrafirmaassayers.com/lo...e-locators.pdf

In plain English, here's an LRL proponent explaining that LRL's don't work. By the way, for those of you who don't have any background in physics or electronics, the human body is not a fractal antenna and things that really are fractal antennas aren't magic, they're just fractal antennas, a superset of the log-periodic antennas that so many people have on their rooftops for picking up television.

It's possible that the poor guy actually believes his schtick. Saw something about fractal antennas, though it was a great ingredient for word-salad pseudoscience, and proceeded with his fairy tale believing it himself. Some of y'all saw what Chuckie did when the word "fracking" finally registered with him, all of a sudden he was "fracking" with the big boys, too. It's an F-word, it sticks in their craw and it chokes 'em until they figure out how to regurgitate it
Gee woof.. I found the article to be very interesting...some of his theories are correct. Many of his theories have been corrected by some of the newer technology. That is what should be happening on this board...You read, test and use what works best for you....Art

The question was... Could you tell us the names of some of these Treasure Hunting devices? Are these devices hand held?..Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Radar isn't fraudulent, and it's been around since WWII. I'd suppose the US military's hottest could detect a gold bar at a distance of several tens of miles-- as long as it's above the horizon. In principle the same could be done with an active-mirror or array telescope provided that a laser was provided for active correction of atmospheric distortion: however I've never heard of it being done for terrestrial work. Maybe for long range high precision surveying? Precision airborne photography could spot a gold bar lying on the surface from several miles up: through integration of multiple images it could probably be done from satellite orbit. Emergency mirrors used properly can be spotted by naked eye for up to several miles under ideal conditions. They're almost always metal although in principle a dielectric stacked film mirror could work as well. Precision retro mirrors can be spotted by a laser from vast distances, although the ones that can work by total internal reflection aren't necessarily metallized.

Sorry, stuff that isn't fraudulent kinda sucks compared to what a swingy thingy can do if only you use enough imagination and (according to Signal) believe the right stuff (although he's awful hazy on just what the right stuff would be).

Real long distance metal detection is pretty dull stuff when you stack it up against LRL fairy tales. So, Art, wouldn't you rather this forum stuck with swingy thingies with bogus electronics, and stuff like "ion guns" that you can't even dowse with?

Hung, help him out with this!

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
R
adar isn't fraudulent, and it's been around since WWII. I'd suppose the US military's hottest could detect a gold bar at a distance of several tens of miles-- as long as it's above the horizon.
In principle the same could be done with an active-mirror or array telescope provided that a laser was provided for active correction of atmospheric distortion: however I've never heard of it being done for terrestrial work. Maybe for long range high precision surveying? Precision airborne photography could spot a gold bar lying on the surface from several miles up: through integration of multiple images it could probably be done from satellite orbit. Emergency mirrors used properly can be spotted by naked eye for up to several miles under ideal conditions. They're almost always metal although in principle a dielectric stacked film mirror could work as well. Precision retro mirrors can be spotted by a laser from vast distances, although the ones that can work by total internal reflection aren't necessarily metallized.
I don’t think there are any gold bars floating above the surface..I don’t think that any treasure hunting person could afford to play with these method

Sorry, stuff that isn't fraudulent kinda sucks compared to what a swingy thingy can do if only you use enough imagination and (according to Signal) believe the right stuff (although he's awful hazy on just what the right stuff would be).
No..Your tools would suck as treasure hunting tools.

Real long distance metal detection is pretty dull stuff when you stack it up against LRL fairy tales. So, Art, wouldn't you rather this forum stuck with swingy thingies with bogus electronics, and stuff like "ion guns" that you can't even dowse with?
No...I like to dowse but I prefer to do my treasure hunting with LRL’s and MFD’s

Hung, help him out with this!
Why..I have no problem discussing LRL’s...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
GPR isn't fraudulent (i.e., isn't "LRL"), that's why LRL'ers don't discuss it here. However, to say that it would "detect the spots for you" is a pretty big overstatement. Airborne GPR is a geophysical mapping tool, nothing more, and its resolution is gonna be inferior to ground-based methods.

The long distance sensing technology that revolutionized popular archeological/TH'ing work was aerial photography, and later satellite photography. Over on the dowsing forum people are constantly posting satellite and aerial photographs, they understand that it is an effective long range detection technology.

You virtually never see it on the LRL forum because it's not fraudulent, which makes it embarrassing to discuss in an LRL context. Anyway the supposed TH'ers here are just thumping their chest about what their pseudoelectronic gizmo could do if skeptics weren't watching, no evidence that any of 'em (other than perhaps Dell) even take the subject of TH'ing seriously. And not even Dell has made any worthwhile contribution to this thread, evidently doesn't think his LRL-MFD is in the "Is There a Long Range Locator Capable of This" category. On the other hand, may be afraid that folks might get the idea that it's in the same category as Mike's "wouldn't want to race it against a chopstick" purported religious belief detection apparatus. I suspect that Dell cringes every time he sees Mike has made yet another post.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
GPR isn't fraudulent (i.e., isn't "LRL"), that's why LRL'ers don't discuss it here. However, to say that it would "detect the spots for you" is a pretty big overstatement. Airborne GPR is a geophysical mapping tool, nothing more, and its resolution is gonna be inferior to ground-based methods.
Yes a GPR is not fraudulent but does not give you the distance when looking for treasure

The long distance sensing technology that revolutionized popular archeological/TH'ing work was aerial photography, and later satellite photography. Over on the dowsing forum people are constantly posting satellite and aerial photographs, they understand that it is an effective long range detection technology.
Yes.. over in the dowsing forum People do ask Dowsers to Dowse their maps to locate treasure...I never go into the field without a Dowsed map.

You virtually never see it on the LRL forum because it's not fraudulent, which makes it embarrassing to discuss in an LRL context. Anyway the supposed TH'ers here are just thumping their chest about what their pseudoelectronic gizmo could do if skeptics weren't watching, no evidence that any of 'em (other than perhaps Dell) even take the subject of TH'ing seriously.
Could that be it is a Dowsing tool and not a LRL?

And not even Dell has made any worthwhile contribution to this thread, evidently doesn't think his LRL-MFD is in the "Is There a Long Range Locator Capable of This" category. On the other hand, may be afraid that folks might get the idea that it's in the same category as Mike's "wouldn't want to race it against a chopstick" purported religious belief detection apparatus. I suspect that Dell cringes every time he sees Mike has made yet another post.
There you go again telling us what others think...How many months do you think it would take for a GPS to locate a treasure on 300 acres?...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Art~
Could that be it is a Dowsing tool and not a LRL?
How many months do you think it would take for a GPS to locate a treasure on 300 acres?...
Is this not where LRL’s and MFD’s are discussed?
Could you tell us the names of some of these Treasure Hunting devices? Are these devices hand held?
~woof~
Dell, care to clarify any of this?
I did not ask the questions to Dell...time to quit dodging and ducking...I could search the 300 acres in the time it took me to walk the distance of one of the property lines...art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Last I heard, Dell's gizmo comprises dowsing rods and bogus electronics. In other words, LRL. If nowadays he's back down to plain vanilla dowsing rods, I suppose he'll tell us.

It never occurred to me that anyone on the planet would confuse GPS with LRL's, but then again this is the LRL forum, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

Art, you could search the 300 acres in the time it took, etc., and so could an atheist with a chopstick. Signal ain't so sure he could do better than an atheist with a chopstick. How about you?

Folks, if you want to know whether LRL's are worthless, all you have to do is read what the people promote them and use them say about them, and then think about what they done told ya.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof`
Last I heard, Dell's gizmo comprises dowsing rods and bogus electronics. In other words, LRL. If nowadays he's back down to plain vanilla dowsing rods, I suppose he'll tell us.
Dells device is a LRL..It used “RODs” to track the signal to the treasure.

It never occurred to me that anyone on the planet would confuse GPS with LRL's, but then again this is the LRL forum, perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.
It sure seems that is what you have done

Art, you could search the 300 acres in the time it took, etc., and so could an atheist with a chopstick. Signal ain't so sure he could do better than an atheist with a chopstick. How about you?
That sounds like a large bogus claim
Folks, if you want to know whether LRL's are worthless, all you have to do is read what the people promote them and use them say about them, and then think about what they done told ya.
Whatever floats your boat woof...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Art, do you know anyone who couldn't search a site with a chopstick?

It's questionable whether dowsing is of much use for leading to ground truthed locates. It's obvious that LRL's are inferior to dowsing on that same score, since this is a matter that the LRL manufacturers prove they know about their products. That's what makes the race against the hypothetical "atheist with a chopstick" such a loathesome comparison to LRL promoters.

The verdict is in from the LRL promoters: if the problem is to actually find three gold caches on 300 acres (the subject of this thread), that's a subject matter they just plain don't want to discuss.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
Art, do you know anyone who couldn't search a site with a chopstick?
I guess that anyone could search with chopsticks..I know or have not heard any treasure hunter say he use chopsticks ..
It's questionable whether dowsing is of much use for leading to ground truthed locates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_truth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_truth
I have enjoyed my hobby since 1981 without being able to see underground so I see no reason to start doing it now.
I
t's obvious that LRL's are inferior to dowsing on that same score, since this is a matter that the LRL manufacturers prove they know about their products.
Sorry woof..The LRL I now use gives me more information than my Dowsing.....
That's what makes the race against the hypothetical "atheist with a chopstick" such a loathesome comparison to LRL promoters.
Explained above.

The verdict is in from the LRL promoters: if the problem is to actually find three gold caches on 300 acres (the subject of this thread), that's a subject matter they just plain don't want to discuss.
Diggummup
  1. Re: Is there a Long Range Locator capable of this?

Well according to cassbiz, it looks like the bionic 01 is capable of it, since he uses one. Of course he is a factory rep so.......
Here's the "device" - http://www.okmmetaldetectors.com/pro...e/bionic01.php
~Curtis~
I have one and it works great.....I don't sell 'em just use one that is beyond belief! The guy that invented it is a genius, he use to help rockets get where they need to go, and is a great guy too.
~art~
Lets see..We have gold buried 8 feet deep somewhere on 300 acres. That is a little smaller than a full section of land. I would ask the map dowsers on t/net to dowse it for me. That should cut the search area down to less than 50 acres. Most LRL’s with an operator who has took the time to learn his machine should be able to find the treasure in a couple of hours. Yes…Some LRL’s can find the Treasure…Art
Yes the verdict is in..Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the link, Art. The thing is fraudulent. If you plow through the OKM threads, you'll discover that this is a product the OKM engineers would much prefer not to talk about to anyone who knows their stuff, because like I been tellin' ya, the manufacturers and "skeptics" know the same thing about the apparatus (that it's fraudulent), and the disagreement is not over that issue but on how to describe the thing to the public since the manufacturers are trying to target gullibillies to sell it to.

And don't worry, you don't want one, it's apparently not even a swingy thingy, but in some sense a copy of a Mineoro.

This Curtis guy, that name sounds familiar, where've we run into him before? That line about the inventor sounds like H3Tec boilerplate (!).

Have a good day, Art.

--Toto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread