Is there a metal detector with clock on it??

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how about a pocket watch for ya..the kind you clip on the buckle loop... maybe that would work out good for ya.

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Bootybay said:
how about a pocket watch for ya..the kind you clip on the buckle loop... maybe that would work out good for ya.
That would work , but I would be fiddling with it too much, like I do now with my cell phone.. I thought it would be really easy to look a the time while I read the face of the detector.

Quarter, Penny, zinc, 5:30 PM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to an auto parts Store

Buy a small Paste on Digital clock.
They make them for dashboards.
Just peel off the back & stick it where you have free space on
Your detector.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great idea Jeff..thanks

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
jeff of pa said:

Your detector.

Theres an idea :sign13: ... Will look Jerry rigged tho hehe but good idea nun the less... There must be a detector that has a built in clock... Probably one of the $3000 models. lol

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
jraven said:
jeff of pa said:

Your detector.

Theres an idea :sign13: ... Will look Jerry rigged tho hehe but good idea nun the less... There must be a detector that has a built in clock... Probably one of the $3000 models. lol

Guess I'll have to go with the auto parts digital clock.. Thx for the idea......

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
flyinguy said:
time spent t.h.ing doesnt count! you can eat any time. relax and enjoy.

I hear ya, but time flies when your having fun. I start around noon then next thing you know it's 5 o'clock, and the wife is calling me wondering where the heck I am... I would be able to save those precious second /minutes if I didn't have to drop everything and look at a watch, or cell phone that I keep in the car. Time is money when metal detecting. Literally! :)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great idea wy didn't i thinck of that i don't where a whatch and i'm allways late when i'm detecting too. can't stop to much fun.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
jraven said:
Do they make a metal detector with a digital clock on it?? I don't wear a watch! I'm always worrying I'm going to be late for supper.. Just thought it would be nice to know what time it was while detecting...

I hear that....time really flies while detecting

Jeff has the best idea,i've also seen clocks at the auto stores with compass and barometers/temp on them as well

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
jraven said:
flyinguy said:
time spent t.h.ing doesnt count! you can eat any time. relax and enjoy.

I hear ya, but time flies when your having fun. I start around noon then next thing you know it's 5 o'clock, and the wife is calling me wondering where the heck I am... I would be able to save those precious second /minutes if I didn't have to drop everything and look at a watch, or cell phone that I keep in the car. Time is money when metal detecting. Literally! :)
hey, friend, my cell has an off switch!

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I don't need a clock while detecting; I can tell the time of day by the types of bugs bitting me. :-\

mthole

May 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
White xlt e series
I have my cell phone set on vibrate and put it in pocket. When the lady needs me I get a buzz. :) :)

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
I try to leave my phone, keys , wallet , sunflower seeds, and anything else I have in the car..... So my pockets aren't all cluttered. And I don't get interference with the metal detector. That way I have room for all the coins I find. I don't carry a bag or pack to put my finds in. They usually go in the big left pocket below the little pocket,I have on my shorts. If I find jewelry it goes in the right big pocket with a button on it.

I'm an economical digger/hunter. Meaning I don't use all the tools, just the bare essentials (detector /gloves /shovel)... And if someone finds my car and all my stuff. Their going to be economical thief, and I'm going to have a long walk home.... Or at least to the nearest pay phone...

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
If there is a bit of sun...........................

Just stand your detector up and use it like
a sundial. :wink: ;D

Attachments

• sundial.jpg
    sundial.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 120

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread